Do you have Netflix?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crazycroc • May 17, 2013.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have netflix. I very rarely watch movie anyway, and on the odd occasions that I do I prefer a cinema experience. I would never watch enough movies to make the netflix subscription worth it anyway.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have Netflix and I really enjoy it. I spend time watching it every night on my kindle, and it is one of the interesting things to do at night. I have been watching a variety of programming I enjoy. The great thing about Netflix is that more than one user can use this programming so if one person signs up for a subscription, others can use it too. It is nice to have Netflix video on demand...but I wish they had more popular movies on it.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Netflix doesn't cut it for me. I live in a place that offers a wide variety of fun and entertainment, so Netflix isn't a hit here as it is in other countries. For as long as there are torrent sites, free streaming vids and cable Internet, Netflix won't hold me sway - not even my countrymen.

4. yeppeo

yeppeoNew Member

Threads:
    I don't have Netflix. In my country Netflix came only a few months ago but so far its variety really puts me of, they barely have any shows and what they have isn't really worth it. If they plan to have more shows on the future then I will consider but right now is not an option.

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I sure do, and I agree with you, it is the best deal for me when it comes to movies and television. I ditched the cable television a couple of years ago and I have not looked back. Paying 8 dollars a month to Netflix is saving me a lot of money and I can still get most of what I want to watch, which is really not that much. Works for me.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, Netflix is most definitely one of the best entertainment services and has some of the best deals going, at the moment. Not to mention that recently they seem to have stepped up their content. I have been watching a lot of things from Netflix as of late, and a lot of the stuff on there has created a buzz within the circles that I operate in. I downloaded all of the Netflix exclusive shows online for free though.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had Netflix years ago when I cut the cable television off, and just recently re-subscribed to it. Netflix was always a great deal, but I think it's gotten even better since it now has original content. I've only watched a few things on Netflix since I re-subscribed, since I still have my cable, and am spending my viewing time emptying off my DVR before I cut the cable, but I'm looking forward to exploring the new programming.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    One of the things I like about Netflix, is that when it releases original series, they release all of the episodes. One thing I hate about normal television is that you have to wait from week to week for episodes to air. That can be disorienting and frustrating,and I will usually wait until an entire season is over before watching it.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have tried both Netflix and Hulu+, and since Netflix does not have commercials, that was the one that we preferred.
    Now, Hulu+ has a version that costs a couple dollars more per month, but it has no commercials, either, and it also has newer programs. I seldom watch television; but my husband loves TV and he said he is watching Hulu more now; but he still prefers Netflix since they have more movies than Hulu.

10. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    We got a subscription for Netflix about a year ago. We received a $60 gift card for Christmas otherwise I don't know if we would have started a subscription. Now that we've had it for a year I must say I'm very please with it and the use we get out of it. It's inexpensive compared to renting movies or buying movies. My kids use it all the time to watch their favourite tv shows. I have friends who have given up their cable subscription and strictly use Netflix and the internet for their viewing entertainment.

11. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    My sister has Netflix. My brother also uses it, but our mom doesn't like it haha. My boyfriend added me onto his Netflix. So yeah I do have it and use it. I LOVE Netflix! I love to watch it while I eat, or just when I want to take a break. It has some interesting things to watch in it. I also love that it's constantly updating new things in. I want more anime in it though.

12. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do have Netflix and I love it. It is inexpensive and it does have a variety of shows and movies to choose from. Some may not be the latest movies but they eventually show up there. I like it for the kids too. My kids watch it all the time and they have some decent kids shows and movies on there. Definitely cheaper than cable but we still have that too.

13. TJMarian

TJMarianNew Member

Threads:
    If it weren't for Netflix, I dont think that I would watch anything on TV at all. I hate watching commercials, and having video-on-demand has just spoiled me to the point to where I just dont need to watch TV. I would rather wait for an old season to get added to Netflix than have to watch my shows when the network wants me too. Cable companies are just the worst when it comes to their content as well. I love Netflix, and I will continue to use their service as long as they keep good movies and shows on their service.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have cable and Netflix I like Netflix for the older shows and the ones that we do not have on demand on cable. I can live without the cable if it was my choice. My grandson's like Netflix more than I do, they find all kinds of shows to watch.

15. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I do not. I abstain from television, though I do watch vids I can find on youtube for recreational relaxation. For the most part, all of the videos that I watch are purpose-oriented: I made a choice a long time ago that I wanted to be as badass as possible and watching shows just didn't fit into that life.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do , but because my fiancé pays for it to watch his tv shows. I wouldn't pay for it, I don't think Netflix is worth half the money you pay for it. For a paid streaming service, it has old movies and tv show seasons, they should really work on improving the selection and getting newer stuff there .

17. nicksab

nicksabNew Member

Threads:
    Netflix is great, I am a loyal and satisfied customer. Each year they come out with better content in the library as well as a consistent original series line up too. I have been a huge fan of shows like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Both are original Netflix series and need the subscription in order to be able to watch the episodes. Those two shows themselves make my monthly subscription worth it. I hope you found this recommendation helpful.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    There have been more than a few original netflix series that have come out recently, and they have been massive hits with a lot of people. I am assuming that netflix must be doing better now than it ever has before. Even so, I as not getting the original programming from netflix. I was downloading the shows from netflix from the internet for free.

19. nicksab

nicksabNew Member

Threads:
    That is really interesting. Which sites are you using to download the episodes for free? That sounds like a great alternative to paying for a subscription. I am also curious whether or not the episodes are released at the same time? Let me know if you are willing to share any of this information.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well, I was downloading the shows and series from all over the place on the internet. There are many streaming websites that have shows up available to stream or download as soon as they have been uploaded. Many people just prefer to pay for a netflix subscription though, because they don't want to have to search online - not that it is difficult - and they don't want to risk going to any sites that may maliciously impact their computer system.