Do you have Netflix?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crazycroc • May 17, 2013.

1. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    i LOVE my netflix account, even though i havent used it lately. I usually fire it up if im early coming in to work, ill watch an episode or two of the office or the IT crowd or something.

Watched all of the wonder years on it, that was awesome. Also watched all of mad men on it, except for the latest season. Next i might watch breaking bad on it from the first episode on.

2. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    Their selection is really getting boring to me. I need more options. I think I might switch to apple tv or roku now.

3. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I had to give up my Netflix account when I moved overseas but LOVED it for the three years I had it. Many of my friends and family members have accounts and I would sign back up when I move back to the States. A great way to watch movies and tv!

4. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I don't currently have netflix. I usually only get it when there is a show I want to binge watch. And even then, I work the system by making new email addresses to get the free trial.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. And it seems like Netflix is getting better at updating their shows and movies.

6. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I love Netflix in the UK, as it gives me access to shows from the US as well as just over here, but not for the heady prices that you'd pay for cable or Sky. I also love the original series' they have on Netflix, they're as well produced as regular movies or TV, and as equally entertaining. I hope that despite it's popularity the prices stays as low as it is, but I've a feeling it won't if I'm honest!

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought we had Netflix in the past, but my husband tells me we never did. We had LoveFilms instead and it just didn't work out for us. The selection was very limited and sometimes we'd start watching a TV series, but they've send us the episodes in random order?! I'm guessing NetFlix is much better, but then I doubt we'd be able to access it all the way in Botswana. We rely on online streaming, got rid of our cable as it was hideously expensive.

8. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I have never used Netflix but I have been considering it lately. I am in Canada and I have also heard that the Canadian version doesn't have as much to offer as the American Netflix which is a shame but since most shows I like are aired on American channels. However, I find cable to be way to expensive these days and I need a way to save on it so I think Netflix is my best option.

9. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Netflix is worth the subscription cost alone for their new series, Daredevil. If you haven't gotten a chance to see it yet... you should. Brilliant acting, the cast the characters perfectly, there's interesting story-line from episode to episode and of course the overall main arch over the course of the season. Kingpin is believable and is a great main villain.

Add on to the all the other shows/movies/original TV series you get and its not really a contest on whether to get it or not.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. We don't have Netflix at home. I already have too many addictions and obsessions and getting Netflix means I would be having another obsession/addiction, so for me to be able to properly manage my time, I think I have to stay away from Netflix.

11. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    UK Netflix is rubbish! There are relatively few series to choose from and the movie selectionis pretty mediocre. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of classics but there's very little that I haven't already seen.
    Thankfully, I'm still in the 30-day free trial period so it's cost me nothing (yes, I have already cancelled!).

12. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly think that Netflix is the best. There are so many different movies and shows on it. Even if you want something where the shows come out faster you can get Hulu. It's the best deal overall because of how expensive cable is. I honestly really only use Netflix now. I don't watch regular TV because there is really no good shows on TV anymore. Plus I like being able to watch a bunch of episodes in one day, you can't do that with cable.

13. seatones

seatonesNew Member

Threads:
    It makes complete sense that Netflix has blown up to the level it has. It seems like everyone I know talks about it and has it, and it seems to be even more popular than regular cable these days. I remember when Netflix first started and I was ordering the dvds; it seemed like a great service then. Now everyone has a laptop and realizes how addicting it can be to binge-watch shows, both old and new. I personally do have one, but it's my parents account. I don't watch it a whole lot but it's really nice to be able to watch a season of Futurama if I'm home sick or something like that.

14. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I got rid of cable over a year ago, and Netflix works for me. I don't think I could live without it! I also have Hulu Plus for their selection of shows that Netflix doesn't offer. I love Netflix, but I do think they can do better as far as selection goes. It seems to take me forever to find something to watch.

15. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I have it and I will tell you that I think that it is the best investment that I have made to my tv life. I like it because I can sit and watch my favorite tv show without the many interruptions that I would have gotten if I had watched it on the regular tv programming. The good thing about it is that it is really cheap and it is not something that is hard to maintain.

16. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    Sadly, we do not have Netflix here in my country. I would have loved to subscribe to it. In its stead, we have a service called Hooq. It is a movie streaming site that I have not used as much. The site is hard to navigate through and find the movie I am looking for. The quality of the streams are not that good either. I might create a separate review for that one next time.

17. paleblueskies

paleblueskiesNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with you 100%. Netflix is way cheaper than the leading satellite/cable tv service. I believe Netflix has a wider variety of shows than they do movies. For a person who doesn't watch movies often I'm okay with that. Most of the shows that are playing on tv will be or are already on Netflix.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We just recently got Netflix in our country and as of now it's not yet as packed as I would like to I'm sticking with their competitor for now. Once they fully get their system in place and build up the library I'll definitely start considering a transfer. The biggest hindrance for me is that their price is double of the competition which is already fairly established here but if they surpass them in terms of content then I'll find the price difference a little more understandable.

19. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    Not a fan of Netflix as well, as their selection is pretty lacking in my country. I got myself the first month free trial, but it didn't catch my attention or make me a customer, so I just canceled it pretty soon afterwards.

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't continuously subscribe to Netflix because there will be times that the service is hardly utilized and I would be wasting my money, therefore, I subscribe to the service in a seasonal manner. I may subscribe for a month and utilize the service the best I can then I may not return until a couple of months later..