Do You Have A Lead Time While Filling Up Your Pantry Or Fridge??

Discussion in Misc & Others started by iamawriter • Jan 8, 2018.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have always seen to it that my pantry and fridge is never short of stuff that I need. I have known of people who will plan on a recipe and go about getting ready but realise one or more of the ingredients are missing. They will panic and their plans crumble.
    I keep a fairly good lead time so that I am comfortable. While I open one packet there will always be another one in the pantry.
    How do you go about ordering?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to let mine run down before I replace products because otherwise I get so much waste. It's easy to forget something at the back of the fridge. I never panic, I just go out and get some more at the earliest opportunity and if my granddaughter moans that we don't have any of whatever it is, there is always something else she can have.

If it's something like milk or bread though I don't let those products run out as I am using them all the time.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you say pantry, my understanding is the food cabinet. The replenishment period is every 2 weeks for the food stuff like canned meat and fish, cooking oil and other cooking needs including salt, sugar and milk. However, we take time to check on the expiration date once a month because there were times that we were left with an expired can of condensed milk or a pack of pasta. So now we rarely stock up on items that expire in 2 months.