Do You Give Away Outgrown Clothes?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by gracer • Mar 9, 2016.

1. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    well others would sell their outgrown clothes but I would rather give them to charity or some homeless people on the streets. Since our place has a lot of homeless people on the streets, giving away some clothes would help them out a bit and make them quite happy.

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    There are few times I bought clothes that didn't properly fit in terms of size when I got home. I just did a rough check at the boutique and concluded they were my sizes. What I did in a few occasions was look for a younger person that it would fit and give it out as a gift. For a more expensive clothes I do go back for a change.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You would be surprised to note that I have sorted out almost 30-40 of used clothes since last night and still in process to find more which I am planning to donate to a place that houses lepers. You know lepers are the most neglected persons of our society which have no alternative but beg.

4. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    It's been said that those who give, in turn receive, and vice versa. What comes around, goes around. This is how the world works. Plus, what is one person's garbage can become another one's treasure. Give. There is so much need in our world today, even among kids. It is sad to see, but we can make any sort of a difference here.......

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, I have been donating my old clothes to needy ones for almost 12 years and never regretted my decision. The looks in the eyes of the lepers gives me such a satisfaction that motivates me to donate more. I am now asking my wife to discard soe of her used clothes because I saw a number of scantily dressed ladies in this bitter cold season.

6. Working Buck

Threads:
    It is quite sad but I have to agree with this. Because of leprosy , most people are afraid to even go near them.Good thing you thought of doing that. May God Bless you a lot more.

7. Working Buck

Threads:
    I totally agree, I saw this video once on social media where a restaurant was hiring homeless people. They helped a lot of homeless people until they managed to branch out and build a fine dining resto where Leonardo Dicaprio even visited their resto. They have this "pay it forward" scheme where people who eat gives some amount of money so that homeless people can eat in the restaurant for free.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You know we have adapted a system to donate food enough for at least 50 people from our community parties. We generally donate to lepers' homes or orphanage. Last night we went and offered fruits to elderly residents of a old-age home. The happiness on the faces of those grateful elderly people was beyond description. It was not an expensive affair distributing a few kgs of apples and few dozens of bananas but the experience was something out of the world.

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I give away outgrown clothes. I also wear clothes that I receice from other people (because they are outgrown for the owners). However, when I give away clothes or wear someone's clothes, it is always from my siblings. I don't give clothes to a stranger or wear stranger's clothes. Since my siblings are my blood and bone, I don't have any problems giving my clothes or wearing theri clothes. I have been doing this since a child. When I had a baby, my sister gave her children's outgrown clothes to me. My baby wore his cousin's outgrown clothes.

10. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    We also give away our outgrown clothes to smaller cousins or neighbors. If we are not going to carry this stuff anymore we don't find it useful and it only takes our space. So we try to get rid of it by giving it to others. It's a nice gesture and the clothes are almost as good as new, usually there are no shirts that are ripped off and stuff like that.

11. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have three kids, so I am still keeping most of the clothes for my youngest who is just one year old. For those baby clothes, I started to pack and give away. I started to ask around in my neighborhood and see if they need any. Most of them already have old clothes from their elder siblings or others, so I might just donate those clothes to charity organizations later.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I sure do, but it also depends on what it is and if I can get another use out of it. Sometimes those shirts and pants can make rally good car wash rags and things like that, so I have to see about that first.

13. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I do giveaway outgrown clothes and I encourage my family to do so as well. I think it benefits me and the receiver as I can get rid of my old clothes without having to throw them away, I might as well help somebody out while I get rid of my clothes. I tend to personally give it away myself rather than give it to charity, it has a different feel to it when you're giving it away and you see the smiles on their faces.

14. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Children tend to grow tall so quickly and outgrow their clothes. Nowadays, it is actually a bit hard to find someone willing to take your kid's used clothes. Sharing them with cousins is out of question as clothes, even for children, are now a matter of prestige. All of mine and my husband's cousins are doing very good and would not find the idea of sharing clothes desirable. So I don't ask anyone from the relation, but there is a woman who comes in regularly to clean the stairwell of my apartment and the parking area. I give out the entire bundle of my son's outgrown clothes to her. She keeps for herself what she can use for her own son and the rest she gives out to other maids she knows. So I know that the clothes are useful to someone at least.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes kids really grow fast. And you are quite right about their clothes. They really out grown in no time. Even we share this outgrown clothes with relative kids. Somehow we found someone that can be fit in those clothes. lol. So the clothes which are good enough to wear we pass them to our relative kids. Sometimes we also give such clothes to people who really needed them.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I give my granddaughter's well kept outgrown clothes to charity shops. I like to think that someone else is getting the benefit of them especially if they might not be very well off. I also like to browse charity shops too so I am getting the benefit of using someone else's used clothes. I only buy them if they are in good condition. Some of her favourite clothes are those that I have picked up cheaply.

Sometimes her local school sends home bags that we can fill with old clothes and we take them to the school where they go off to underprivileged children.

17. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, I sell my son clothes on a selling website, but I sell only the branded clothes that really worth a lot of money and I sell them for a very small price. The rest I donate them to relatives, friends or I just post in the donate section, from different websites!

18. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Yes! I'm saving it for whoever among my sisters in law will be pregnant. Or any of the relatives. This will be a great help and also save some money. Everything must go if you no longer use it. I've been giving away my clothes actually to those who need it. Especially during a typhoon where the affected residents have nothing left to wear. It won't hurt to help a little. To warm them.