Do you get your pets presents?

Discussion in Pets started by jleadbet • Nov 7, 2012.

1. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    Yeah my dog gets a Christmas present but nothing too extravagant. He doesn't need much more then some food and a bone.

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! When I had my dog, I would always get her a birthday or a Christmas present. This year, I got our cats a can of specialty natural wet food, treats and a brand new ball to play with. My budget was $5, but since I had a $3 coupon and a perks card, I only had to spend $1.15! I love our guys so why wouldn't I get them something special as well?

3. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but we don't go overboard. I'm currently living with four dogs and two cats - it's so many! Around their birthdays they each get one present and some treats. Christmas is similar, they each get one decent sized gift. Be it a toy, a giant box of treats, what have you. They seem to enjoy it and it's fun to shop for them!

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Not on their birthday. But my pets do get a Christmas stocking along with all the humans in the house. It's filled with toys and treats and is usually my big purchase on pet toys for the year. Then I stash them away in a drawer somewhere and take a toy or two out when I need them. Especially since my cat and dog are out of the puppy/kitten stage, toys are not lasting a lot longer than before.

But if I have enough toys, I can switch them out on a rotational basis so my pets get fresh, new toys.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do. :) Some people say it's weird, but meh. This year, we got our cat a new toilet, catnip spray, some toys and a lot of food.. :) Mostly things she would get anyway, but still.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dog, Chipper, just loves it when I bring him presents ! I don't do anything for his birthday , since that doesn't mean anything to a dog anyway. What Chipper loves the best is a new stuffed toy from the thrift store, and one that squeaks or makes some kind of noises is what he loves the most. He had an Elmo doll that would say "Elmo loves you !" And he would paw that doll on the tummy or chew his hands and feet until it talked, and then he ran in circles around it raking like crazy. He never chewed his toys or hurt them, and he loved sleeping with one of his stuffed toys snuggled next to him at nite.

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I've got a pet tarantula. I've had him for over five years, but I have no clue when his birthday is. I wouldn't think he'd be aware of his birthday, anyway. lol I buy the necessities it needs, that's about it. :)

8. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    For Christmas I get the dog a toy or something simple. But never birthdays. I have 4 kids-- I don't have the money or energy to celebrate animals that much!!!

9. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Yes every year we get Nashley an anniversary present. We do not know Nashleys exact birthdate. He wasa round a year old when we adopted him. So we celebrate the day he became our newest family member. We also include him in every holiday celebration. He loves getting into his Christmas stocking just as much as the kids do. And we actually wrap up a present for him. He is so funny when he wags his tail and just watches the boys as they help him open his gift.

10. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I like to give some presents to my cute dog. it seems to prefer food to toys.

11. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I want to, but i have no idea about his birthday. Oh, my poor dog.

12. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love getting my pets presents, I love getting both my dog and cat a stocking at Christmas and hanging it in front of the fire. I think its nice to buy them presents and treats at special times. I must admit with my dog I do it too much, lol

13. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I give them snacks from time to time, specially when i am teaching them a new trick. Maybe sometimes i do give them a new toy or go with them to a new place for them to exercise, but that is about it.

14. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Don't have any pets anymore :(...but when we did we would get them treats, that's it though. Not clothing or otherwise excessive presents like you would get a person.