Do You Feed Your Pets With Leftovers?

Discussion in Pets started by Rossy • Sep 5, 2017.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    The best thing about pets is that they aren't picky with food. They'll eat food that has been toyed with and even been in your mouth to even the bones. Most pets would see that as a gourmet meal so I wouldn't worry about giving your pets food on a golden plate. Just make sure you know what will and won't get them sick.

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dog, he is very choosy about food. He will not eat the same food that has been given to him the previous day. I don't feed my dog store bouughtdog food, instead, I feed him home made food, however, I will have to be very careful about what to give and what not to give. My dog loves rice mixed with gravy meat, however, he will not eat this food when he he given again in the next day. My dog also loves rice with milk, however, he will avoid this food if he is given the second day.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes we do. Those leftover foods are not expired. After we eat, we also feed our cat with the foods left for we could consume all the foods we're eating.

That's true. It's economical and easy to prepare. It's actually our practice in feeding our pets with leftovers.

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I really don't have a pet of my own, but depending on the meal itself, there is a chance I would just give it to them. This way I won't be throwing out food and wasting money, my pet gets to have a new treat and I could save a day of their selected pet food. It is pretty much like killing three birds with one stone.

5. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    In my own opinion, the reason why I adopt a dog because of the left over. I don't want to throw it away. I also buy dog food as reservation in case I don't have a leftover food. There is nothing wrong if we feed our dog with the leftover. Dogs still love to eat leftover foods anyway.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I know most 3rd countries feed pets with leftovers but in a Western Society it is animal abuse. Leftovers won't have the nutrition a pet needs. I understand that in 3rd world countries people have struggles financially so I will give them a pass on that part but this advise is not applicable in Western societies where people can afford to buy food for their pets.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dog and a cat but I do not feed them with leftovers or any other food than the one from a pet shop, I am doing this because the vet told me that if I will feed my pets with cooked food their health and immunity will be diminished and their hair will fall, will risk not to have calcium, etc...
    Since then I feed my pets with petshop food!

8. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I prefer to feed my pet with leftovers than to waste them by throwing them away. It's quite economical.

9. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    I dont think that it is wrong to feed our pets with leftovers simply because this is what is left after our meals and therefore it is fit for consumption. But due to everyones point of view on what to feed their pets with, its better to cook their food to avoid them from diseases.