Do you ever use candles to save on electricity costs?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Dora M • Jul 13, 2014.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    What a funny question. :p

No. ;) The only time I use candles is when there is some power drop during the night. Honestly, I can't see any reason to save so much.

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration in my opinion but, I'm not judging anyone (after all, save some money is always good :rolleyes:).

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot really say that I do, but that is mostly just a function of me not really having any around, but if I did I bet that I would do this more often. Light is light and if you can do with them for a good amount of time that means some savings.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Candles for saving money is great! Like many I too have a concern of fires, but if we are very careful, nothing should happen. What we do to save money too is to unplug. Even unplug the washer, we don't have a dryer, we rely on good old wind and sun for drying our garments, so we save money that way too. I have candles and battery powered flashlights fancy and useful ones too when something happens to our electricity. (I pray a lot so nothing happens to cable, internet, electricity, water, sewage things, gas things too, for we have had a lot of storms lately...so far so very good, thank God!)

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It seems to ba an effective method for saving on electricity. However, I don't believe in utilizing this method for saving on electricity costs. For me, Installing LED bulbs would be the preferred thing to do and the danger of starting a fire would be also be eliminated.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure that I would use candles for the sake of savings on energy costs. They are a cheap way to add some ambient light to a room and make it romantic feeling, but I feel compelled to stay near my candles when they are burning. I have always been terrified about leaving a room where a candle is burning and it getting knocked over and catching the house on fire. Much more important for me to keep my house intact rather than save a few dollars on the electric bill.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Well I am not using candle to save on electricity bills the main reason being that I am not person paying for this utility. The fact as far as I am concern if the cost of electricity become exorbitant I wouldn't mind using candles sometime to save cost. I may use the candle more often when I am about sleeping thereby making sure all lights are put off. I may support this by also using rechargeable lamps