Do You Cut Your Own Hair To Save Money?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by kaka135 • Jun 6, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You are right , cutting hair is an expert's job but since I have a crop cut that helps a lot. I keep my hair very short besides the sides over the ears are almost clean therefore it does not need an expert to cut my hair. However as I cannot reach at the back of my head I take the help of wife who does it gladly in order to save $15 :)

2. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I don't cut my own hair because I personally believe that I suck at cutting. I don't have thr confidence of doing my hair and also I don't need to save money on haircuts because in my country which is the Philippines, the haircut only costs a dollar which is very affordable.

3. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I don't cut my own hair my wife does it for me. Around here a simple haircut costs $14 and they expect you to leave a tip. So after you give a tip a haircut costs you $17. And there is no way I am going to pay that because my wife has been cutting hair for years and she can do just as good or better job as the barber.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, I cut my hair only when living in Australia but prefer going to a barber shop when I am back in my home country (India) since it costs us equal to 50 -60 cents for a nice clean haircut. I cut my hair while living in Sydney with the help of my wife in order to save $45 per month since I take 3 haircuts every month.

5. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I have a personal shaver that I use every time I feel like I should shave. That applies when I am at home. But when I am out of my home, I then go to a barber to do it for me, but I chose those places that provide the services cheaply to save on money.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    The cost for men to cut hair or shave their beard at the barber is $0.50 at my place. I think cutting hair is a skill that most people don't have and the services men get at the barber is better and affordable. I would also consider cutting hair as a way to save. But since I'm a girl and I enjoy keeping long hair , I consider washing my own hair to save money. Being washed at the salon is $0.50 and other places it is $1 or $2. So washing my own hair and even deciding to dry it can save me money but I like the salon services.

7. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am sure in Australia we will save a lot if we are cutting our own hair. I remember my friends spend more than $100 AUD for hair cut or perhaps some hair styling when we were in Australia. I did a hair cut which cost $25 AUD, and that's considered very expensive for me. Even in my home country, the cheapest I can find is around MYR12, which is around USD$3, but I still think it's better to cut it ourselves, especially when there are 5 members in my family. We definitely can save a lot in hair cutting. :)

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You are right, my wife would help save me $45 per month by helping me cut my hair (I needed her help because I couldn't reach back of my head) but she declined my help when I offered her for helping cut her hair. Incidentally she spent $100 every alternate month since she thought I would spoil her hair. So you can say I saved $90 in two months that we spent for her one haircut :)

9. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Women do not need to cut the hair as often as men, and some women think hair cutting or styling can be considered a self-care to them as they enjoy the process, so perhaps spending that amount of money is fine for some women. But $100 for a hair cut is considered very expensive for me. * I am a stingy woman * :p

My whole family has not been going out to cut hair for a few years, and I think it has really saved us a lot. I also cut my own hair when I was having short hair, as I don't really care how my hair style is now. Even when I went out to cut my hair, sometimes I think the hairdresser spoiled my hair too, so it's fine for me to just have my own hair cut.

10. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do it every now and again when I have the time. The trick is to just have two mirrors to see your front and back as well as to try to get the overview of your cut from a friend or family before going out. I think it is a cheap and effective way to help save a little extra money in your pocket.

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not try to cut my hair personally. I think it is not easy though. An expert can be successful.