Do You Buy Or Rent Movies On Youtube ?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mbuzma • Dec 16, 2017.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Youtube offers both older and the latest popular movies for rent and buying. The price ranges from around 3 to 20 $ from what I've seen, obviously buying is more expensive. If you rent the movie, there is a limited amount of time for you to watch it, up to 30 days but usually less - and if you actually click play and start watching then there is a rather limited amount of time of up to 48 hours to finish watching the movie.

I haven't rented or bought anything on Youtube myself ( though I was tempted a few times ) but I'm interested in what the community here thinks. Is it worth it, especially compared to sites like Netflix which charge a monthly subscription fee but you can watch anything you like ?

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I am already subscribed to Netflix and Crunchy Roll so I don't think I need spend more cash for it. If you upgrade your Youtube account into Youtube Red, You will be able to watch those movies for free, If my memory serves me right. Youtube Red is an upgraded Youtube where ads are removed and you can watch Movies, TV shows and Youtube red exclusives.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, we just watch movies on cable TV like HBO, Fox Movies, Warner, etc. I know they are mostly old movies but they’re still good. The other night we saw the Rise of the Planet of the Apes which was a good science fiction movie. The story is thrilling and the twist is really stunning but logical. We are taking advantage of our cable subscription so the movies there are better to watch than other paid sources like Netflix and Youtube

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I watch a lot of movies on YouTube for free, but some are very clear and other movies are not-these movies or TV shows are uploaded by different people and some of these movies have advertisements. They also have movies on YouTube that you can buy, so you could look around and find something for free or movies you can pay for also. They have a thing called YouTube Red that removes the advertisements for 10 dollars - and I think this includes some kind of music account as well.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    No I haven't bought or rent movies on Youtube. In fact the site has been a very useful outlet for me to get to watch videos freely. My easily watched videos on Youtube are music videos especially great videos by music superstars all over the world. I am yet to subscribe to channels or get videos that would require some payment. Lately, I have not been frequent on the site since I had issues with my Youtube account monetization.

6. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I never even knew that you could rent or buy movies on youtube. I always buy or rent movies on VUDU and I have been using them since they came out on the PS3. S0 far I bet I rented at least 20 movies and I bought 5 movies.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I was not aware that we could rent or buy movies on YouTube, perahps that's because I don't use youtube much. I go to youtube only when I want to watch educational or instructional video. I will have to explore this youtube feature. By the way there are already free movies on youtube.

8. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I thought you could watch many movies on youtube for free although I have seen some movies which are not accessible in other countries apart from USA, but didn't know that we could rent them. Perhaps this feature is not available across the world??

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, YouTube has recently changed its policy and not all movies are free there but they have introduced YouTube Red in certain countries where you can subscribe and stream subscription for watching movies. No, I am not subscribed to any streaming channel which allows us paid subscription in India. However, I am a member of Netflix and one other paid service apart from Jadoo TV while living in Australia.

10. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know until now that we can rent or buy movies at Youtube. But even if I know this before, I would not do this because I just watch movies at the television or just download free movies on the internet. I would not waste $20 just to watch one movie.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The fact is that there are so many options available to us otherwise also that I have no intention to buy YouTube movies anyways. As matter of fact there is my sky network that provides an option of a movie for little over one dollar for two consecutive days which is way too cheaper than going to movie or buying from YouTube.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We have a cable subscription and I pay a monthly affordable fee and I watch top office hit movies without hassle. I don't to buy or rent a movie. If I want best old movies, I could go to YouTube and watch those movies for free.

13. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't"t know that we can rent movies on YouTube, I am watching movies for free. Sometimes I download free movies from programs like ODC or Apex. From these programs, I can download music, games or movies for free.

14. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I download movies from YouTube using an app called Vidmate. It lets you download anything directly to your phone. I prefer to download a movie on my phone and later transfer it to my laptop. I hear from movie lovers that using torrents is also an option. I don't know much about it plus it is illegal in my country to use torrents. I have neither heard anyone renting movies nor do I have the slightest idea what that entails. I would appreciate someone's input on the matter.

15. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, in this day and age I really don't see a point in renting movies. Most of what you want to watch can be viewed on Youtube for free or Dailymotion. I prefer buying a movie over than renting it due to the fact that to me it just seems pointless to buy something like that just to give it back in a couple of days.