Do You Buy Flowers For Yourself?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by cocolgooh • Jul 9, 2015.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I know this is a way my mother often makes herself feel better if she's had a bad day; she'll buy herself a bunch of flowers. Is this something you'd do? Or do you see flowers as something you should give others more than buy for yourself?

Personally I've only ever bought flowers to give as a gift. I usually give them to my mother actually. I know she always appreciates them and gets a lot of enjoyment from looking at them so it seems worthwhile for her.

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t think I’ve ever bought flowers for anyone, including myself. Although I have picked ginger flowers from patches growing out on the road (not on anyone’s lots) and brought it home, so in theory I do like having flowers in the house. I keep meaning to check out some farmer’s markets to see if they have any good flower deals, but something always seems to come up.

3. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    I definitely buy flowers for myself! They brighten up the space you put them in. I love to buy a simple five dollar bouquet when I go grocery shopping. I put them in a vase on my dinner table and it makes the whole evening feel special! I don't see buying yourself flowers to cheer yourself up as anything bad or strange. Some people buy booze, some people buy clothes, some people buy junk food, she buys flowers. It's sweet if you ask me!

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Generally, I prefer to see flowers in their natural environment. But that is not always possible in a city. So, if I am going through a hard time and pass a fragrant flower shop, I will often stop and buy myself some flowers that cheer me up and remind me of happy times in the country. But, to be honest, I rather buy a new pot plant, rather than expensive flowers that will wither quickly.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy flowers for myself, because I feel like they're a waste. They only last in the home for a couple of days, and if they were left out in the open where they grew, they could have thrived for a heck of a lot longer than that. So I would rather buy myself something that I can plant in my garden, as I know that I will be able to enjoy it for a lot longer. I actually have some plastic flowers that look remarkably realistic, and I enjoy looking at those and replacing them every now and again so that there are new colours in the room.

6. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    While i saw your comment's first line i was just wondering on you. Because i love flowers and usually love to have in front of my eye.
    I am glad to see your love for flowers, I agreed with you mostly plucked flowers used to thrive after some time. We all need to set a small garden in our houses if we want to feel the real beauty and charm of nature and for that we need to grow more plants. Thanks for sharing your nice thoughts here with us.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have friends like this who buy flowers to make themselves feel good, it's a personal thing. For me it's chocolate rather than flowers. I don't even buy flowers for people unless I know they like them because I do feel they are a waste.

You do have to be careful as well, as some people have hayfever and flowers would not be a great gift.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love flowers, and yes, once in a while I get some to brighten and freshen up the house. Some of them have such a strong and lovely scent, they make the house smell gorgeous :) I especially like roses of different colours.

9. TalTBest

TalTBestNew Member

Threads:
    No, I actually see it as a gift, and I don't really like taking care of them, too much work for me...
    I'm more a fan of good pictures on the wall or something, a beautiful thing that I don't need to take care of.
    Generally, I don't buy flowers at all. But if I do, it's not for me.

10. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I do and did, just this week. I don't typically order myself flowers from a florist and have them delivered, but I've been known to pick up a bouquet at the grocery store on a fairly regular basis, to put on my coffee or kitchen table. I also go outside and pick things from my yard to put on my table.

I love fresh flowers in any room. And in the winter, I do fresh greens when there are no flowering plants.

I want to put knock out roses in my front yard so that I'll have them for the table soon too.

11. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I happen to buy flowers for myself from time to time, using them as decoration. They look great, they smell great, and they're great to have. I also buy seeds and plant my own flowers, there's something hard to describe about seeing something you planted come out and blossom.

12. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy flowers for my wife, but for me, no. Though these days I don't frequent those flower shops as much as I used to in the past because the prices have been skyrocketing so much in the last period that it's become overwhelming to have a few flowers in my house from time to time. I think I'll just buy a little tree, lol.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I plant flowers for myself. I prefer wild flowers though.. but I don't pick them usually, I just like to be where they are. I don't like flowers as a gift.. I find it cliche and not from the heart. I prefer the gifts people don't spend money on..

14. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Absolutely! Not so much in the summer because I can pick some from my garden but in fall and winter I buy them almost once a week. I think it adds so much life and color to a room. I especially like having them in the bathroom and kitchen.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I havso.e purchased flowers for myself in the past and will purchase flowers for myself in the future. Money has been a little tight so I have not done purchased flowers for some time. I like to think that if I can give others flowers why not give myself flowers also.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased flowers for myself in my life. Flowers, whilst they are pretty, and somewhat nice to have around the house, or around you, are not the most exciting thing for me. I would never go out of my way to purchase them for myself. I have to force a smile when people buy them for me lol.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never do that. I actually couldn't care less about flowers. We have flowers in our garden, but I don't marvel at their "beauty" the way my dad does. I'd rather buy other things if I want to make myself feel better. I wouldn't mind giving flowers as gifts to people who love them though.

18. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    No can't say I ever have. I have only been given flowers a hand full of times too. I am not a big flower person but it is always nice to receive them as a gift every once in a while. I always found for the price that they cost you don't get to enjoy them too much.

19. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I think bring flowers for yourself is good! It lightens up a room when you have a fresh cut bunch of flowers in there, and they smell good too!
    It is the little things In life I think that give you a lift when you need it!

20. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. Just bought some the other day at Trader Joe's. They have a nice selection and prices are cheaper than most places.

I love when my house is all nice clean and I have fresh flowers. I can't stand fake flowers though, too me it's just trashy looking...I'd rather have none than have fake ones....don't mean to offend anyone but that's my taste in things.