Do You Buy Dog Food That Much Anymore?

Discussion in Pets started by rightct • May 5, 2015.

1. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I used to spend a lot of money on dog food. I had somewhere around 5 to 6 dogs not that long ago, but had to give 4 of them because it was getting too expensive to handle their physical needs anymore.
    So I've been thinking about this rather obvious workaround: Why shouldn't I give them what I eat, too? After all, dog food is made out of human liking, too, so why wouldn't they like our bacon? haha.
    What I actually found though, is that this dog food is not only taste-related. It's got a lot of good effects for dogs, like a better development of teeth, for example. I honestly didn't know this, and this is why I still buy dog food, but I might reconsider if my financial situation worsens.
    What about you? Do you buy dog food? If so, how often?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a little confused about what you're saying. A quality dog food, wet or dry, is a great and healthy option for your dog. However, the best option is to cook for them yourself, but not everyone has the time or resources to make that much "human" food for their dog. It's far better to buy dog food that's of a high quality, and then get on with your day.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We buy 2 kilos of dog food twice in a month, depending on our dogs' consumption. The reason why we buy this much is that the kibbles aren't just for the dogs. We feed our cats with them too. Basically, cat food and dog food are the same except that the former is more protein-oriented while the latter has more carbohydrates. Although not all of our cats eat dog food, we still insist on buying because kibbles are specially designed to provide energy. I don't think our pets will survive long enough if we just feed them leftovers.