Do You Buy Cheap Power Supply Units ? You Shouldnt

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mbuzma • Jan 5, 2018.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Buying a cheap 30 $ PC PSU is not worth it - even if you don't have a powerful PC, buying at least a decent one will be worth it in the long run, and here is why:
    - There are reports of cheap PSU's exploding, which if it happened would basically fry your entire PC
    - Cheap PSU's also are typically not as efficient as more expensive brand name ones ( like EVGA and Corsair ), which basically means they're wasting more power
    - They may also supply unstable voltage, which can damage your pc's components over time

2. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I agree a cheap power supply is the worst investment that you can make for your PC. Like you said they use cheap parts and they are a ticking time bomb. Especially in the summer months when it's in the 90*s, the heat puts a HUGE strain on the power supply and before you know it, the power sup0ply is smoking and your PC is fried.

3. fishbate

fishbateNew Member

Threads:
    I agree, one must consider safety in buying electrical and electronics devices. I suggest buying OEM brands to assure the quality of the product. NON OEM products are basically copy of the same components specifications of OEM one's. The difference is the safety certificates and standards. OEM products are tested and certified by the brands assuring them the quality of the product.