Do you bundle?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by dissn_it • Apr 17, 2012.

1. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    Bundling is very similar to what you described. By bundling products the company is usually providing you a service you previously did not have. Bundling promotions are generally good for twelve months. At the end of that twelve months the billing rate goes up to a higher price. At which time, MOST customers do not remember to call in and adjust their pricing so they just continue to pay the bill at the increased rate. The other hope is that if you DO call in to adjust your pricing that you want to keep (for example the phone line) because after twelve months, surely you've grown accustomed to having it. At which point they can either tell you to pay the increased pricing or perhaps add on a few television chanels you did not have previously free for three or six months to keep the rate down. Then in three or six months you're back to square one and they're hoping you don't call in to adjust your pricing again.

The concept is that they are taking a minor hit in pricing the first twelve months but the hidden costs that pop up every few months between now and then make them their money back.

JenVarsity

2. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Lol this reminds me of the of the recent vonage commercial.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bundle my phone and internet right now but I don't know if I'll continue to when my promotional rate runs out.
    When you bundle services with AT&T , if they temporarily disconnect your service because you are late to pay, there is a $30 reconnection fee for EACH product. So if you had phone, internet and TV with AT&T Uverse and they were to get interrupted, you would pay a total of $90 in reconnection fees. That's brutal.

4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I've considered bundling several times, but haven't really opted for it. I feel I might have to compromise on one service or another within the bundle, rather than getting the best for each. Right now, as a result, I have separate providers for my broadband, TV, landline and mobile, and have no regrets so far.