Do You Bathe Your Cat?

Discussion in Pets started by sidney • Jan 26, 2016.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @MichelleVL@MichelleVL, My cat rubbed himself on the floor once after I gave him his bitter medicine through a syringe, so I'm not sure if he was horny or he was "rubbing off" the taste of the medicine! Lol. I haven't had any of my pets microchipped yet, but as per my research, here in the Philippines, as of 2007 the cheapest microchip price is only $17, and some vets charge up to $22. It's quite cheap in here! I wonder why it's so expensive over there.

2. JusApee

JusApeeNew Member

Threads:
    From my experience with cats (there was a cat at any given moment in my life), never take a cat and put it in the bathtub filled with water. Of course, not filled so the poor thing would drown, just slightly over its ankles. Cats can get really scared in water and you will most likely get some bruises. Cats can wash themselves and they don't smell at all, so there's no particular reason for you to wash them. Just do it in extreme cases, and your cat will be happy.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I tried to bathe my cat, I bathed him in the bathroom and I just poured water on him as I was bathing him. I don't think cats would want to be submerged in water in any way, lol. But the last time I bathed my cat was in 2009, since that was summer season, and now I just let him be.

4. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I bathe my cats, but not very often. If I rescue a kitten I will always bathe them. Then maybe once a year or whenever they have an accident and get very dirty. My cats are indoors, so they don't need regular baths. If they are looking a little dirty I can use a pet wipe or baby wipe. Mostly I use the wipes on their paws, tail and behind if anything gets stuck there. My vet told me that baby wipes were ok as long as they weren't scented.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see, baby wipes are something that hasn't crossed my mind yet when it comes to grooming and bathing cats, but come to think of it, it does look useful.