Do You Bargain When Buying Electronic Gadgets?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lucykey • Nov 8, 2017.

1. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @Martinsx@Martinsx you are very correct, the price tags shows you what they are out for and negotiating is not part of their business policy. So it's left for the customer to decide from looking at the price and bargain with his or her purse to determine which is affordable to the money one came with to the shopping mall.

2. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    It's in the court of the customer to decide prior to going to either shopping mall or general market, should one look for bargaining the choice is there to make from. Shopping malls in my opinion are meant for convenience when it comes to purchasing an item, that's probably why it has fixed prices to reduce stress and arguments over negotiations.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Why won't I bargain when buying my electronics especially if there is a chance for that. Even at big stores were outright bargaining is not possible one can ask for a discount. I may not bargain if I feel that the price is okay for the gadget. It reckless waste to pay over for an item that could have been gotten at a lower rate simply because one didn't bargain.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @Martinsx@Martinsx I totally agree, it's those fixed tag prices that makes it pretty clear for you that there isn't room for negotiation. If you aren't cut out for the prices fixated on any of the products, it's better to take a walk and look for another you can afford.

@tonyb@tonyb Asking for a discount I believe is totally different from bargaining If I'm not mistaken. To ask for a discount means that it's within the right of the seller to decide whether or not to offer it but when there is a room for bargaining of the electronic actual price, the customer actually has an upper hand.

#64Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  5. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Of course the price tags are declarative statements that there isn't room for any kind of negotiation of prices of products in shopping mall. By this way it's entirely up to the customer to decide if the price on the product is good to him or her and then pick the product for payment.

There are several other related products which one can choose from should the prices on another doesn't look favorable to the customer. Personally, I'm never in a rush when I decide to use shopping mall so that I can check out the product price differences and then make my choice.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Heatman@Heatman, I think when it comes to food we should always just buy from the market to avail of the discounts that we get by haggling, don't you think? The products there are fresher too.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yeah of course, when it comes to food products, I would always pick going to the farmers market than do my shopping at the mall. The reason is that the items are more fresh and in good shape will still being at the farmers market. But once it gets to mall, it takes processing and packaging which takes a huge toll on the freshness of the products especially vegetables.

@Martinsx@Martinsx I can't really blame my mother for saying that shopping malls are buying centres for the rich and affluent higher class people who can't meddle with the poor ones buying in the general flea market. They have money to throw around and bargaining for prices is a childish thing and complete waste of time to them.

#67Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I won't mind in bargaining too. It is always good if we can get some discount by doing that. And as there is much more competition going on every shops do some discount when customer ask. So customer should take benefit. Though lately I am buying most of the electronic stuff from online. I do it when there is some sale is on going, so by default I get the item with some discount.

9. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I live in the USA and there is no bargaining unless you buy something second hand and from a private seller. Because stores do not bargain with you, no matter what you say. I know some of you live in other countries and you can bargain with merchants. And your lucky, I wish that we could bargain here in the USA.