Do you ask your doctor for free samples?

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by True2marie • Dec 16, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Prescription medication is so pricey. So, I at times ask my doctor for a free sample. To me, this is a excellent option if you only have to take a medication for a few weeks. I have found many doctors will work with you if you explain you're on a budget.

2. AskJeeves

AskJeevesMember

Threads:
    I have honestly never done that. I didn't think it was even possible. I have persisted them to giving my a prescription or a doctor's note, but I have never actually asked them to give me medicine. Also, you stated that you got the medicine for a few weeks. Was this medicine that you had to take every day for those weeks, or was it once a week? I figure that if too many people start doing this, then it won't be allowed eventually.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I have never thought of that and I don't think that they will even agree to that, giving away free samples of medicines is unheard of in our country.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always ask my doctor for samples, my blood pressure medication runs like 60.00 a bottle and I have two. So whenever I have a chance to get a few samples I always ask on my visits. It saves me for only awhile but I eventually have to go ahead and buy them, but every little thing helps.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time I would ask for free samples but as of late it seems like these are getting more and more difficult to come by. I suppose it could be because more people are asking for them I recall my endocrinologist giving me a ton of stuff whether I needed it or not. Nowadays, seems to rarely happen.