Do You Access Internet From A Phone Or Laptop?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by remnant • May 13, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always access the internet from my iPad. I can use the phone for that as well; but it is so much smaller than the iPad is, and I have the keyboard for the tablet, and not for the phone. I only go online from home, so I am using my home wifi for access, and that way it is not using any cellular minutes.
    I still have my old iPad and the new one, which is the larger iPad Pro, so I do switch back and forth between the two tablets. We have a Dell all-in-one computer with an 18" monitor; but we hardly ever use it al all because both my husband and myself have tablets and we use those.
    We seldom even use the television anymore either since we can see almost the same things on our iPads.

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Seems like everyone is kind of moving at their own pace and adapting as they see fit, which is really what you come to expect with all these new technologies. There will always be those out in front, your early adapters, and then those who tend to lag behind, which is where I usually enter.

3. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it's very convenient to use both at the same time. This usually happens when I am playing World of Warcraft. Sometimes, when I am on a quest, I would be at a loss as to how to progress. I would be playing on my laptop, so I use my smartphone to look for the answers in WoW forums.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I use a laptop because I never use the internet out of my home but the rare times I did use another person's phone, it was usually when there was a cafe with free Wi-fi near.

5. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I don't own a laptop, just desktop and phone. And I use my mobile data on phone so I mostly play Pokemon Go and sometimes search the web or IMDB. But desktop internet with ethernet cable is the best

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I only use my laptop for the internet. I don't like the small screen a smartphone has along with its small keyboard. My thumbs are too big for it and I usually end up pressing the wrong buttons. If I'm at home anyway, I'll use the laptop because I never use the internet outside. Home is for internet and being out is for work, family or just enjoying nature or what the architecture of the people have to offer.

7. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    In my country, the bandwidth is very expensive because the government put a lot of taxes in the service, but at least the bandwidth is unlimited. In contrast, my mobile internet plan is very limited when I use Instagram and Youtube, the internet plan out quickly.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly. When I'm chatting with people via laptop, they're always complaining how their mobile data is running out or how much an app drains their data. I never want to have that sort of problem. A laptop for me.

9. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I use both but I prefer to do it from my laptop? As in, that means I'm connected to a WiFi network so it's way faster and way mote convenient. I only use the internet on phone for the apps I have downloaded on it.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I use internet on my PC and phone. However, for typing purposes, I prefer to use my PC. I am more comfortable on a keyboard than a keypad.

11. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I download something big I use my laptop computer but if it's just for social media I use my phone because I can bring that anywhere.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I use both, but I prefer to use the laptop most of the times as I can also do other things with it besides accessing the net. My smart phone is just too small for my browsing and internet needs and using it doesn't help me save on usage because my internet subscription is unlimited anyway. Besides, I am so slow when I type with the touchscreen so it's frustrating and a time waster.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I use both my desktop and my phone to access the internet. My network provider used to offer unlimited data on their promos, but now not anymore, the cap is 800 MB per day. So when that happened I just used my phone more to browse the net since it consumes less data. But for typing long messages and other activities, I prefer to use the PC.

14. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Both. I normally access it through my laptop during my work time and on my phone whenever I would like to play games or check my social media accounts. Whenever I browse, I also use my laptop since it's easier for me to navigate and I can see the page easier because of the bigger screen, although I have no problems in browsing through my phone.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer using the PC over my phone but my laptop charger broke so I am currently using my phone. Cost is nota factor on my preference since I use the same wifi service for either. My preference is based on comfort and convenience.

16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I access from both because fortunately I have wifi access both at home and at work, so I don't need to pay a lot to be connected most of the time on my phone. I don't have one of those super expensive packages for mobile data, I think those prices are crazy. So usually I am connected on all my devices.

17. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I access internet mainly through my phone. It's cheap and it's faster compared to when using a laptop. There are those sites that don't have a mobile version and I will have to use my laptop. Except in such cases where I have to make exceptions, I always prefer using my phone.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I access internet from my computer and mobile phone. At home it's my computer, broadband connection, working online. I enjoy better view and enough space for my work using the computer. I don't normally go out with it hence whenever I'm outdoors and I need to look up the internet I use my mobile with data subscription.

19. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I access the internet frequently, and I always use my smartphone and my laptop. But if I have to choose just one, I prefer to access through my smartphone because it's much more practical and I can carry it anywhere without thinking much about the "space issue". ;)

20. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I use internet from my phone. Somwtimes I use through laptop as well. Since I have a wifi connection, I find it useful for downloading stuffs.

Most of the time I am away from the wifi so I end up using my smartphone and mobile data which for me is quite costly.