Do People Who Rent Video Games Purchase That Game?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by roldya • Sep 13, 2017.

1. roldya

roldyaNew Member

Threads:
    Me, I personally use GameFly so I get to keep the games that I rent for as long as I want. Honestly, I have played quite a few games that I would very much like to buy. Unfortunately, I'm currently a starving college student that can barely afford the service, let alone to actually buy the games.

I have definitely rented a few games that I will buy in the future. That, however, may be quite a long time from now, and the prices of the games will almost definitely have dropped.

I review most of the games I rent at a site called videohuevos. Anything with a rating over 8.5 is a game that I will almost certainly purchase in the future.

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really doubt it. I was never someone who did this but in my experience I was often disappointed when I would buy a game, so I would think that getting to play for a couple of days would leave you feeling like you had enough, but of course it just depends on who you ask.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think so if they rent a game and they play it for a while I don't think they will have reasons to buy it. I have rented games, played them and after a while I got bored and I lost my interest on playing them. After that, I have tried new games, and to go cheaper I downloaded them from ODC.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly I never rent any games so far, and I wonder if game renting is available here at my place. I never seen anything like that. But it is surely good idea to save some money. I mean by that way we can try out game and enjoy it without spending full amount. And if we like the game too much then we can go for the purchase. So yes it is good way to save some money.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Steam makes a lot of sales after the demo. And I think the amount of people buying the games through Steam has increased a lot. 5 out of 10 people buy games from steam. And almost every one of those buyers is on either twitch or the youtube gaming channels. So they are just pushing the industry ahead with those purchase. Most of the poor gamers don't buy anything. Instead they do piracy.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a great option. While it may seem like you're spending more by renting first and then later buying, the amount you save by not buying games that aren't to your liking must surely make up for it. I would definitely want to check a game out before putting out the cash for a purchase. A couple bucks to see what it's like sure beats blowing 6o bucks and then never touching it again.