Do Men Ever Get Excited About Receiving Gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by mildredtabitha • Aug 31, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I know this might sound awkward but do men ever get excited about receiving gifts from women. I know every woman loves receiving gifts from their special partner but can I say the same when it comes to men? I'm wondering if a man would like to receive something from his special partner and keep it as his souvenir or he will see it as another girlish thing.

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am a man and yes I do get excited about receiving gifts from a woman because this act shows me what is her opinion about me, and how she sees me. This is a good way to analyze what women think about us and the message they want to transmit. This may be a difficult thing to do but if we analyse it well we may find the answer to what and how a woman thinks!

3. Bani

BaniNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know about other men, but for me, I personally enjoy receiving gifts especially from the opposite sex. The reason as to why I get excited is because I perceive the gift as a sign of love regardless of the cost or size. I also do hope that other men feel the same way like I do when it comes to receiving gifts.

4. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we do. THe only difference is we don usually show great emotions about the gifts we received. You won't see us cry or express overwhelming emotion on thing gifts. The best way to know if we enjoy the gift is to ask our friend about the gift. If we like it, we bragged about it.

5. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that your question is awkward at all. I think that men are really hard to read when it comes to the reaction about receiving gifts from the women.
    Men in average show lesser emotional reaction about anything. It is not that they don't care, but their reactions are usually very quick.
    I think that they love it very much and show more appreciation for the same. It is just my observation.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would think anyone would love to receive gifts, so I believe men too would enjoy as we do gifts. If the impulse to get your gent a gift why not act on it and get a nice gift for him even if it's not an occasion to get a gift for him. I'd love it when he does that for me, so I would like to see him happy too with a gift too!

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes they do, they don't seem very happy if you just gave them something cheap, but give them something expensive or something they can't buy right away like perfume, gadgets or branded shoes and watch their expression light up. They look like excited little kids.

8. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania: You just said what I had in mind. I think a man will only genuinely be excited or get happy if the gift is very expensive and something he has always wanted. If its a cheap purchase, he might just put up a face and pretend that hes happy. Just to make you feel better. And I am saying this from a personal experience. So unless if its a family member, I do not buy gifts for the opposite sex if its not something expensive. To a man, it is the thought that counts. It's the value of the gift that counts.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @tallulah@tallulah, Actually, don't you think that it's the same with women? I remember my friend that gave me 2 pans of lasagna as a gift for my birthday plus an earphone, but I wasn't really thrilled or happy about it. She even told me, "You don't seem happy." Sure I wasn't happy, but I appreciated it. Now I have to act happy whenever she gives me a gift to make her feel appreciated.

10. Lead Gener

Lead GenerNew Member

Threads:
    Pretty much! It's free and appreciate the effort of the person. :)

11. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Actually we do get excited, I do that is. It's not even about the gift or the love behind the gift, for me it's more about the time.I mean, for a lady to get you a gift she must be thinking about you,at least that's what I think.It really lifts my spirits when I see my girlfriend taking time out of her schedule to get me a gift.It doesn't have to be something she got from the store, she could make one and the joy I feel would still be the same.@tallulah You are right,it is the thought that counts, but not the value of the present. Getting your man something he always wanted would be better than getting him something very expensive because in some cases he may feel guilty that you had to spend so much.It is how we are wired.I know this from personal experience too and for me just knowing that my girl knows what I like even if the value is not much is enough to put a smile on my face.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Why not? We are humans too. We have emotions too. We work far more harder in life than women. We suffer more than women. So yes we do get excited but considering we are being used as provider and giver role. We are not supposed to show excitement. Because that makes us look desperate and weak as per society. But yeah we do get excited when we get gifts. That's something we definitely love to see for sure.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    The men in my life have told me they do get excited when receiving gifts from their especial partner. They don't have to be given anything expensive as long as they feel they are getting thought of. My husband got excited one time I gave him a small souvenir which he still has. My father and brother have said the same thing that they feel special even if they don't show it.

14. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends. There are times when I get excited receiving gifts but there are also times when I just fee like "meh". If it's something that I really like then I might go wild because of excitement.

15. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Men, just like women, feel special when they receive gifts from their loved ones. The gift may be as simple as it may appear, but it communicates a lot. It is one way the gift giver expresses love to the receiver. Therefore, men feel very excited when receiving gifts from their loved ones.

16. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    I love your question because I'm thinking the same issue. Is really man happy or thrilled everytime they received gifts from a woman? After reading all comments above me, I'm happy to know that they felt the same as what we feel. Everytime I have a present to husband, he will just say thank you and smile. Maybe they were not really expressive but deep inside they feel like crying hahahaha!

17. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Do an activity with a man a woman usually wont do. Playing videogames or watching a male pandering movie with your man is something he will appreciate. Most men hates watching romantic movies but they watch it with their girlfriends or wives to make them feel happy.

18. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I personally believe that everyone loves to receive gifts especially from their loved ones. I think that men are not showy when it comes to their feelings but I do believe that they really appreciate it whether it is a big or small gift as long as it is from the heart.

19. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Of course they do! I know many men who love to receive gifts as much as the women do, some in fact, even more! My husband too loves to receive gifts and is as excited as my little son becomes when he receives a gift, especially if it is a gift of books he loves or his favorite perfume.