Dish Vs Direct Tv: Which Has More Benefits?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by NinetyEighty1 • Oct 26, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Ideally, which do you all think is the cheaper and better offer? I have a big family and have had the pleasure of experiencing both, they have a number of great channels in my opinion that rarely keep me bored. But I want to here the experiences and opinions of others and which they think is the better choice.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have both direct cable and dish for our tv. The dish is cheaper but when the weather is bad, there is interruption like the air has pollution. With our direct cable, ot is sometimes down for a day for reasons of repair. Between the two, I prefer the dish because it has more channels to offer.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had cable, and they kept raising the prices; so we finally cancelled it when we found a good deal on DirecTV. We have had that for almost two years, and as soon as the contract for that is up, then we are going to cancel that, too.
    Since both myself and my husband have ipads, we always watch movies with that, and very seldom even turn on the television set; so it is just not worth paying so much money each month for programs that we never watch.
    We bought a good outside antenna and have that to pick up all of the local stations; so we really have no reason to keep the satellite once our 2-year contract is up.

4. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I worked with Philips and customers are calling for some troubleshooting. I always hear about their Dish Network having a problem. Even if we did everything to troubleshoot their TV, yet it has still no reception or the channels are scrambled. I often receive a call with a DirectTV cable subscription. Though I am not aware of those customers are paying for their services. But from my POV, I think Dish has a lot of problem with the receptions.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We do not have Direct TV in our area so we subscribe to Foxtel instead. We have other choices like Amazon, etc but what I feel is that Foxtel is one of the best with a vast variety. Besides Foxtel, we have Netflix to compliment the viewing experience at a very reasonable price. Having said that free to air channels also have enough to keep one entertained and informed.

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think Dish TV is not that bad. You can pretty much do get a lot of channels.I'd also say netflix, hulu and others are good too. You get plenty of options for the TV series. And there is plenty of content to watch. And on that note I'd say dish TV is worth having. you'd be more than enough for the content. And daily content can have you managed with the price too. DirectTV is a bit costly from my side.