Delay In Credit Card Issue

Discussion in Credit Cards started by tonyb • Dec 14, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I can't seem to understand why a bank keep delaying to issue a customer a credit card were he is qualified for one. They keep calling to remind the customer your card is being processed but the card isn't forth coming since three months now. I am thinking in this kind of experience the customer should finally decline the credit card request.

2. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I think this depends with the bank, some are really fast while others may delay. A credit card is very valuable even though you will still pay for it. I'd suggest patience because after you receive the card you will use for the rest of your financial life, don't decline your request.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Although it does take some time for a credit card to come in the mail, I don't think that it should take three months. One month at the most. I would call and tell them that the card must have been lost in the mail, and that I'd like for them to issue me a new one; three months is a long time to wait.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It became baffle, don't seem to really get why all the delay. I just want to believe the bank have their cogent reason for not acting fast. Although I don't know much about the credit card technology, I am sure a month should be enough to get it sorted out.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think no banks will delay it purposefully as they face stiff competition in the market. This may be due to many factors like security issues or any new rules put in by Government etc. In our country banks are after customers to sell credit cards and they often give good offers too.

But three months is too long a waiting period for a credit card. I think in your case it is better to contact customer care and tell them the real situation. Give them a deadline and tell that that if they fail to deliver it by the expected date you would go to another bank. I think this should work.