Cycling or walking to work

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Gelsemium • Apr 1, 2014.

1. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I used to ride a bike to work and everywhere when I was younger-but I always rode on a private trail or sidewalks,and never crossed at busy intersections either-yeah, I was always safe. It was a college town so it was easy to get around-but these days I live farther out-and ride to the village stores but always in the grass. I drive a little now and then-but you can stay in shape- riding your bike lots of places,and that way you save on transportation costs as well.

2. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I rather cycle a bicycle than walk to work. Although both are regarded as exercises, cycling is more intense as it engages all muscles. Cycling is also faster therefore prevents chances of arriving at the workplace late, as compared to walking.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes if it is near by then walking or cycling can save good amount of money. If one counts for a month then surely he or she can save good amount. But if office is not near by then it can be time consuming. I guess public transport can be also cheap way to reach to office compare to private vehicle.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    While I was teaching before I used to bike to go to my school. It was my first school teaching assignment. I biked for almost 7 years before I was promoted to a head teacher and finally to a school principal. Now I am a retired school principal after serving 6 schools one at a time till I retire. Biking is very economical. I save a lot for my daily transportation allowance. Besides, it is a form of exercise.

5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would say in this situation, cycling pays off. If you are going from home to work then you are going to need fast transportation, your legs might not be enough and a car my not be necessary. A bike is quick and convenient, cheap with no use of gas and is simply fun to exercise on for many.

6. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    When I was in school, I used to cycle everyday and many a times even go walking, and my school was about 3 kilometres away. But still walking or cycling with the other kids used to be so much fun. But nowadays, with so much traffic and some or the other sociopath always on the prowl has made it very unsafe for the kids to walk or cycle on their own. For me personally, even now I prefer walking to shops and market regularly. The traffic and lack of dedicated cycle tracks make it impossible to go cycling anywhere, so it is walking for me.