Custom cases for your phone, bought any?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by prettycolors • Sep 15, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    As the the title asks, did you buy custom cases for your phone or do you prefer the standard look?

Me, I never bought any cases for my phone. I regard the phone as nothing more than a tool, a device that lets me keep in touch with the loved ones or people I care about. I know that some people love showing off their pimped up expensive phones and as such they buy all kinds of fancy cases. I see custom cases as a passable expense and instead I'd rather keep the money in my wallet.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I see so many online sellers promoting custom cases for different handsets. Well, I never really bought one. I am not really into mobile phones, so I just leave my phone inside a generic pouch I found at home. Also, my hands tend to be sweaty, so the design of custom cases will just get erased after some time. That will just be a waste of money.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never thought about buying a special case for my phone. It came with a rubbery type of protection when I acquired it last year, and that is the only kind of case I need for it, just if I happen to drop it or accidently knock it around. Apart from staying in touch with friends and family, I only need my phone for my job. I rarely spend time on it browsing the internet or playing around with the endless applications, games and other forms of entertainment. It simply doesn't interest me.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Other than a screen protector I don't really have anything that is not stock. I think the only think I got for my iPhone was a case but it didn't fit so I ended up returning it. In my opinion, I think that the stock design always looks the best for any gadget.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I really go to the typical ones and readily available. I am not really picky and I don't see a reason for myself to go for a very own customized phone case. Not that I see it as a sign of narcissism, it's just that it's really not totally my thing and not my medium of self expression.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like a new case for my phone, just to protect it better. As for all that fancy and ridiculously priced stuff, I think I'll take a pass. Every once in a while, I'll see something and think, gee that's cute. When I see the price tag, I say, no thanks.

7. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't even have a case for my phone, let alone a custom case. But I do see a lot of companies advertising for them, and I understand why, it is kind of cool, but just not something I would invest money into, personally.

8. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I never really cared for these things. I thought they're just a gimmick for younger people who wants to really personalize their phone but I do have a case but it's not for that reason it's more for protection since I tend to drop my phone a lot and I really have to put some armor on it if I wanted to make it last a long time.

But for those cases that have fancy designs and all that stuff I would never buy them not unless they were given to me by friend or something.

9. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    I agree with you as far as a cellular phone being just a tool to assist with communication with loved ones but that tool you use to communicate costs money. A little more that a 2 or 3 dollar case to protect it from drops i presume. If you were to drop your phone and it shattered to peices beyond use you would see exactly why people by cases for their phone. Some are facy and some are sleek looking but for the most part it protects your phone from drops which could result in a costly deductable or a very expensive replacement. And most of the cases I prchase are from amazon or ebay. And cases can be as little as 2 dollars. A small amount to pay for the expense of buying a brand new phone. So I am in favor or cases for phones. It's just a common sense thing.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Funny, just a couple of days later (after posting about not having a case), I happened to find one I liked for a very low price. I still can't see spending a lot of money for one. Mine is quite nice, it's a color I like, and it's comparable to some I've seen for $30 (but I wouldn't pay that much). I saw plain ones too, which I can easily see people decorating in order to customize or personalize them.

11. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fun fact. Screen protectors are completely useless on high end phones that have Corning Gorilla Glass and other strong materials. They're not going to scratch until normal use, and the screen protector is just a waste of money. As for cases, I don't buy them because I almost never drop my phone. Most phones will only suffer minor scratches on the body unless they're dropped on a corner in which case you could see some moderate to severe damage. If you're careful enough, then you don't need to spend $50 on a case or even $5.00.

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll have to look for more information on screen protectors. Thanks for the tip.

I do try to be careful with my phone, but accidents do happen. That's why they're called accidents. :p I also let my kids use my phone, so there's that. Besides, if I did drop it, I'd probably drop it on the corner. I don't mind getting a case as long as I didn't have to spend a bunch on it.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't buy them because I prefer the standard and official cases more. I'd only consider it if the alternate case was an official one put out by the company that makes the phone, otherwise if it's made by a third party, it kind of makes me feel like it cheapens the phone a little, and presumably having paid much for it, it's the last thing I'd like to do.

14. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any custom cases, I'm more about my product being functional than being bright and colourful. I would prefer something with a hard shell, especially if it's a weak device. Besides that, I don't really have any special requirements for cases.

15. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Custom cases look really cool on certain phones and I think it tells quite a lot about the person who is using the phone. But l do not think I will ever get used to any of them as I like my phone the way it is. Also, my phone gets heated up very easily, hence I end up removing the back cover quite often. Hence I cannot use cases as efficiently as I should be using it.

16. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I had a custom case of my anniversary of me and my ex. It had the date of when we first started dating.

17. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    These days I am mostly buying it from the dollar store. And they seem to have some of the good options. I can tell you that cases which are of flap type are costing more. There are some other cases which can be good enough and low cost. As long as the case protects phone. I think cost won't be a factor. But I am going to see If I can find good phone cases at low cost.

18. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    I bought my custom cases mostly through online stores. The reason for this is that it's pretty hard for me to buy my custom cases from local stores around my area.

The prices offered by the online stores are reasonable so I will continue to purchase from them. So far, I have bought around 5 cases in the last 3 months. I do purchase custom phone cases for my parents as well.

Custom phone cases allow me to beautify my phone and serve to protect the smartphone from scratches to the actual phone body panel. It gives me an easier time to grip since my personal phone has a smooth texture.

19. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I do keep my phone in a case, although it is just a standard case. It protects the screen from breaking if the phone falls or anything. I don't like to spend too much on custom cases. It just have to do what it is supposed to do. I like transparent cases more, as the phone does not change its look.