Credit card limit

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Gelsemium • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a credit card (just one!) for quite a few years now, but I never got close to my limit. Due to special circumstances that might be happening now, what leaves me a little uncomfortable because I don't enjoy spending what I don't have. What about you, do you go close to your limit?

2. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, yes, I have. But the good news I have never been late on a payment, and I (usually) am able to pay it off in full on our Discover card. But we do have some debt from a new washer/dryer.

That being said, I do wonder if I would have alot more $$$ in savings if I never got a credit card in the first place. Who knows.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I have gone to the limit and then inevitably something would happen with my health, that in turn, would affect my employment. It stinks, but lessons learned. You have to do what you can to survive and deal with some of the consequences later. I hope it all works out for you and works out quickly, debt is a huge burden.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am now considering calling my bank to see if they can increase my credit car limit. I have never done this, but I've been a good customer in the past 15 years, so I am not expecting to have a problem, but we never know with banks...

5. ACEP

ACEPMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately yes. But I used my credit card for the things we need more than what I want.

6. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    Well unfortunately yes! A couple of years back I reached the limit on two credit cards and I struggled to pay them and get out of the debt I had. The good thing is I was able to bounce back and now I only have one credit card and a "system" to use it. I love purchasing things online and in stores so I started by setting a maximum amount to spend per month including fixed payments so if I by the time I want to buy something there is still room on my monthly spending I'll go for it, but if not sadly I'll leave it unless it is something fully necessary like food or something.