Cost Of Heating

Discussion in Heating started by tonyb • Dec 7, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I learned it's quite costly heating the home in the heart of the winter for those living in countries where the winter could really be very intense. Unlike in some parts of Africa and Asia where the kind of weather change may not be extreme there'll be virtually little or no cost. How costly is heating during severe winter periods.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have experienced winter in the US although in the not so cold area of California. It was tough which caused me to go home to the Philippines before New Year’s day. My uncle’s house has a centralized heater but what they often use is the heater in the bedroom. I couldn’t eat breakfast if the cold is biting my skin. I guess it is a big expense for the heater so they use it sparingly.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just saw a commercial of a tiny heating mechanism. The Wall Outlet Personal Space Heater by
    Hammacher Schlemmer is only $59.00! I saw the commercial and loved the portability of this tiny heater that can keep you comfy all winter long. It's small, easy to use and keeps you so comfortably warm anywhere in your home or where there's an ac plug. Amazing what they invented for the comfort and safety of people for the winter months.

Here in Hawaii you may need a heater if you live in Nuuanu near the mountain side or in Wahiawa. These 2 cities on Oahu are the coldest places to me. On the Big Island, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa gets snow so they are much colder and people work there would love this little gizmo to keep warm.
    [​IMG]
    (image from

).

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    While there's no doubt that the cost of gas and electric goes up in the winter months here in England, I have to admit that I'm not exactly sure by how much. The colder weather and darker nights all mean that we are using more gas and electricity, but then again in the spring, summer and autumn we use far less so over the year it averages itself out.

At the end of the day we all have to pay it unless we want to sit in the cold and dark, so utility bills are one of life's essentials unfortunately that we just have to put up with.