Computer Parts - Tips On Buying

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Jason76 • Oct 23, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    What places have the lowest prices? Which ones have the lowest price for quality? Which places are simply the best places to get quality while your not factoring in savings?

#1Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What we have here as the cheapest place for computer parts is CD-R King which is a Chinese electronic store with branches in almost all big malls. Obviously, their products are cheap because they are made in China. I have to admit that I have been buying from that store and I am very satisfied. In fact, the wireless keyboard I bought for $5 some 3 years ago is still working pretty good. Even our wifi router was also bought from there. And may I suggest that you don't buy computer parts online because that will be very inconvenient when an issue arises.

3. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I also buy my electronics and other stuff at CD-R King. They have lots of known and even local brands under their portfolio while most I assume are chinese trademarks. I am satisfied with the results and will continue to patronized their products and services. May I also add that they have a variety of products under one roof.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think some of the online parts warehouse can be doing good enough. And another thing is that some parts being sold to the Amazon can be purchased as well. Just make sure to buy the genuine. As there are many non genuine and also parts with issues can be sold. So that may affect the quality of the computers or even other electronics appliances. That's what I have noticed with the type of products out there these days.

5. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I totally agree with you that CD-R King is a best buy when it comes to some computer parts and accessories. I look for an external Lan card in many computer parts shops and they were very expensive. My computer didn't have an internet for almost 4 months because of the Lan card problem. I tried to convert my computer's internet into wifi and that didn't work. I purchased an external Lan card on CD-R King for 6$ and that was 5 years ago.

Until now I am using that cheap external Lan Card and it is still working fine.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is another area where I am pretty dependent on user reviews and getting a good idea of the brand reputation, because I have been burned before and it can be quite costly.

7. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    In my region, most computer spares are ordered online through two main platforms. The first one is called Jumia which is a local platform, they offer genuine parts. The other is a US platform called BuyUSA. Both US and UK products are sold here. These are the two main platforms I see people in my region buying computer parts. I have also used them.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have lots of markets which deal in computers and accessories with really attractive prices. However I live in National Capital Region of India and here Nehru Place is the market which offers the best prices for everything in electronics. The place has more than 5000 dealers at one place of different electronics brands and everyone is ready to compete with each other. People, especially resellers come from all parts of the country come to take benefit.

9. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    With reference to my locality, the three best online stores to order for your computer spare parts are Jumia, Konga and Jiji. These three online stores offer best deals on just about any products that you care for with computer spare parts included.

I have used both Jumia and Jiji and they other quality products. Also, their delivery services is another thing that intrigues me a lot. You would have your order delivered at your door step.

10. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Most computer parts ( both peripherals and hardware ) these days are being manufactured either in China, or elsewhere in Asia. Some "big name" brands just take the products that were manufactured there, slap their names on it and then sell them for a hefty price. Cheaper products work just as good most of the time.
    As for buying online, I guess it depends on where you live. I haven't had many issues buying stuff online at all, and I can get pretty much anything for far cheaper that way.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @mbuzma@mbuzma You are absolutely right with this statement, China is the leading country when it comes to manufacturing of most products today and electronics aren't excluded. I can remember a few years back when a good friend of mine was into electronics sales in Cameroon. Once they have a stock of faulty products, their boss would simply call the Chinese company he imports from and they would send a technician over to look at the problem. If it's something serious, they would recall the entire products and ship another to them.

@Athanas@Athanas Those are actually the platform used here, but the question just like @mbuzma@mbuzma asked is in as much as it shows its UK or USA that has its brand on the products, how sure are we that these products are produced in another country, probably China?

I have seen some television that are produced and tagged with made in Germany but when you have parts checked out, you would notice the Chinese inscription on them. So who now produced the product?

#11Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is most convenient for us to buy cheaper computer parts in the branch of CD-R King here in our place. In the mall of Asia or the SM is the best place for us to secure the computer parts we need. I am referring to CD-R King. But there are also stores in the mall which sells computer parts but the prices are high compared to CD-R King.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona It seems that CD-R King offers computer parts at cheaper rates. I haven't seen any CD-R King outlets here, otherwise I would have tried buying from them. Please I would like to know if they offer selling online together with delivery services?

#13Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018