Coffee Makers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • Mar 19, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our Hamilton Beach Brewmaster stopped working correctly, and we decided to get one of the Kerrigan-clones to make coffee a cup at a time. The little pods are fantastic, but very expensive; so my husband usually makes a pot of coffee first thing in the morning, and drinks most of that himself. I enjoy flavored coffee, and I make a large mug withthe k-cup coffee maker; but using the little filter cup that came with it, that works with regular ground coffee.
    We both like that we can have just a single cup of coffee when we want that and not have to make a whole cup of coffee. When you use the regular coffee grounds to make the cup of coffee, then it is not any more expensive than making coffee by the pot was. maybe even cheaper because there is never leftover coffee to throw away.
    Now, I have ordered a small percolator from Amazon, and I can use that in the mornings when I want more than just one cup of coffee. Since I am the only one who drinks flavored coffee, I can’t use the main coffee post where my husband makes his coffee, and I have been reading that percolators actually make the best coffee of any brewing system.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love my coffee simple so my coffee maker is simple and cheap too from Walmart the cheapest 12 'cupper I found at a little over $10! It's sold at one of the Walmart I go to and not all of the Walmarts carry it. So I'm glad I go window shopping wherever I go and found my cheap coffee maker. Even when I go out and find a coffee shop, I just get my hot cup of coffee with cream and Truvia and maybe a house pastry. I tried those fancy lattes, cappuccinos etc (way too much sugar) and I like my old fashioned cup of black coffee. I'm satisfied with my cheap drip coffee and on sale grounds too. Once in a while I'll treat myself to Kona Coffee when on sale which is this year, 3.99 for 8-10 oz depending what brand you buy...mind you it's only 10% Kona coffee. The 100% Kona Coffee goes for 14.99 on sale for an 8 oz-10 oz depending where you buy.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a coffee maker. I make my coffee by boiling sugar and coffee with water. I use instant coffee so making coffee this way has not been a problem. If I was using beans I would need a machine. Even though I want a coffee maker, I have not bought it because I already have an alyternate method of making coffee.

4. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of coffee makers brands that come in various styles and production procedure, do research before buying one

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am really enjoying the small percolator that I got last month. It is small enough to make just enough coffee for one person to drink, and it does a great job of making the coffee, so the flavor is always perfect.
    We still use the k-cup coffee maker when we just want one single cup’ but in the morning, my husband makes his regular pot of drip coffee, and I make my small pot in the percolator.
    I think that the coffee from the percolator comes out hotter, and it stays hot longer in my cup, too. I would definitely recommend getting a percolator for good flavored coffee that is easy to make.

6. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    LOL Same here! I've noticed whenever I have espresso, I get a surge of physical and mental energy and my heart starts pounding. It's really refreshing. The downside is that if I overdo it, I start getting too tensed and nervous. When I did some research, I found out too much caffeine depletes magnesium stores in the body. Coffee is a diuretic and it stimulates urination. We simply pee out much of our calcium and magnesium when we drink too many coffees. And there's a lot more caffeine in espresso than in regular coffee.

I don't have a coffee maker at my house. I like my coffee Turkish style: I simply put the ground coffee powder in a container, add water, put it on the oven and wait for it until it boils. This way of preparing it is the cheapest and the coffee has a calming effect on me. They way you prepare it makes a huge difference on what its effects on yourself will be.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I just have a small 6 cup Mr. Coffee drip maker and it works just fine,but that French Press coffee maker sounds a lot better-and I will have to try that European method of making a better cup of coffee. I read that the CEO of Starbucks said that it was one of the best cups of coffee that can be made at home. The great advantage to the French Press method, is that it retains more of the natural oils from the coffee grounds-with the drip coffee the filter kind of gets in the way of the robust flavor.

#47Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  8. Marsha Hall

Marsha HallNew Member

Threads:
    Coffee makers differ in function and ability to cook different coffee recipes. More expensive coffee makers have a cool design and a separate mug for milk. The choice of coffee maker depends on how many features you want to get.