CLEAR Wireless

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by SarahLizzie • Apr 19, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    The cost of Verizon and Comcast's internet services have become outrageous! So we switched to CLEAR wireless. The internet speed is just as fast as cable or Fios, and it is only $50/month. Flat rate. I bought the modem, came home, plugged it in and I was ready to go. Plus the CLEAR employees I spoke with were extremely nice, knowledgable, and doing what they could to find provide the best service to me. I highly recommend this internet service, especially for the price. We could not afford cable before, but now we are able to belong to netflix, so figuring out how we can afford cable or a bundle package will never plague my mind or magically change prices over night.

2. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you! This is great information. We have recently been looking for ways to cut back with our phone/internet/cable. It seems just when you get it figured out, they throw some kind of changes at you, or hidden fees. I am really getting sick of it. I love it when I learn from others about new things since it is so hard to know when something actually works or not. I appreciate you sharing!

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is really good to know. I am considering getting Clear once I move from my current location. Now, we pay for cable tv, phone and the Internet. I just don't really need cable television or the phone. My cell phone is fine. I can watch my favorite stuff online. I just need Internet service and I'm good.

4. Renzaku

RenzakuNew Member

Threads:
    I've never even heard of the company "Clear" until now. Is it available in Canada or only in the US (I live in Canada)?
    Would love to switch to it if it really is as good as you say it is.

5. Stitches

StitchesNew Member

Threads:
    I had CLEAR back when it was called Clearwire and it was horrible (in my experience anyway). One day the modem would have 5 bars, the other 6 days it would jump from 1-2 bars, which basically meant my internet speed was equal or less than dial up speed. Customer service never helped. Just their usual "please unplug and replug modem sir!". Even when I did have 4-5 bars, I was barely getting 1mb download. It does have its convenience though, and my review is from a couple years back and they might of changed completely for the better, but that experience will lead me to never come near Clear(wire) again.

6. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I looked into this at one point, but it is not yet available in our area. Maybe someday....

7. freelove89

freelove89New Member

Threads:
    I've heard mixed reviews about Clear, so I'm still skeptical about switching to their internet. Original Poster: What region are you in when you use the internet? Or if you don't want to answer that, how close are you to their service tower?

8. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I love my Clear service. I have been with them for a year now. I even talked my mom into getting them. She left that expensive ATT behind. They are ridiculous when it comes to pricing.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do not have Clear in our area. Not to many choices to avoid the high price of verizon in this area. I don't have cable or a phone.