Clear Internet Rave!

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by zoeysmama2011 • Nov 2, 2012.

1. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    My hubby and I decided to go with Clear internet about a year ago, because it was the most cost-effective choice for our budget. At first we had a couple issues with the connection being pretty crappy, because of the area we live in. But as the company expanded their towers to other areas, we had less issues. There are two reasons why I am writing this rave: 1) Because of the recent storm, "Hurricane Sandy" 2) Because people are overlooking clear.
    Firstly, with the Hurricane hitting the east coast, needless to say, many people lost power and of course cell coverage and internet coverage. I lost my internet connection somewhere in between the beginning and end of the storm. I called Clear's customer service line the next day and they already had a pre- recorded message about connectivity being lost in a lot of areas and that they would try to get the connection back up as soon as possible. Because I am an incredibly annoying consumer, I still pressed "0" to speak with a representative. She was super sweet and understanding as I asked her to try to reset my device and connection to see if that would help. It didn't, but within 48 hours my connection was back stronger than ever, as if Hurricane Sandy had never occurred. You just can't beat quality customer service and a prompt solution.
    Secondly, I know that a good amount of my friends are reluctant to try Clear because they think with the price that they are paying, they will get crappy service. I'm here to tell you, not true. I don't have to worry about overages or tax. My bill is a flat rate of $50 every month, no matter how much I use the internet ( I use it VERY often). I have a green signal (the best connection) 95% of the time. And you can use it as a hotspot for up to 6 devices.You definitely get your money's worth, Now, I'm not saying that Clear will be the perfect option for everyone, however as Clear expands, they have only gotten better.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    First, I'm glad that you and your hubby weren't affected too badly by hurricane Sandy.

Clear has recently become available in my area. I am not able to switch at the moment. I am given Clear some serious consideration when I move from my current place. I really don't need cable television. I also like the fact that Clear internet service can be mobile.

I'm in a major urban area and I don't think that there should be any connection problems.

3. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    So what places is this service available in? It sounds incredible. Right now I'm just using time warner cable for internet and we have the second best speed that they offer, but it doesn't seem to be all that great. I end up getting disconnected often, which is ridiculous since it's a really popular company in this area. I would be very interested in switching to this other company. I checked on their website and I guess we are within their coverage, but they cannot sell in this area yet. Hopefully they come here soon!

4. adam24

adam24New Member

Threads:
    My hubby and I decided to go with Clear internet about a year ago, because it was the most cost-effective choice for our budget.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of that service until now, but I sure would like to look into it, sounds like it is really fast and reliable from what you are saying. How much is it to get it started and do you know where it is available at. I am using A T & T right now and have had it for about three years already, and they are pretty good to,, I have only been without internet while with them one time and it was due to a very bad storm, and they had it up and running by the next day, but it is DSL and Im thinking that the one you have is probaly faster.