Chew Toys For Growing Puppies

Discussion in Pets started by LadyMama • Feb 2, 2015.

1. LadyMama

LadyMamaNew Member

Threads:
    Almost a year ago I got a puppy for mother's day. This little bundle of joy was just the cutest little thing that I have seen in a long time. But I knew there was going to be problems when it came down to potty training, chewing on things, and as they say in football, unnecessary roughness with my children. Over time the potty training came and went, the roughness has dwindled down, but his chewing on things has taken a turn for the worse. I have lost my favorite pair of Heels, my daughter lost her Babrie's leg, my son lost wires to his Kindle fire and the dining room table now wobbles. So all of those countless soft stuffed animals, chewy toys, and bones have not been able to withstand his teeth.

Then I walked inside of Petco and found the Mammoth Tire Biter and Rope Dog Toy. I think it may have been dark in the store with light shining on just that toy. Hey loves it, hasn't even put it down. He swings it, throws it, bites it and plays tug of war with the kids.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have found a winner for this little pup! I am not buying any more chew toys other than this kind.

2. guineapigsandgardens

guineapigsandgardensMember

Threads:
    The tire and and the swing are amazing toys for pups! That is what I tend to give my dogs when they get bored.

Another good (and free) outside toy are empty soda or water bottles. My dogs love to play fetch with them and crunch them around for some awesome sound effects. I usually make sure to rinse out any soda bottles though, because I know the caffeine can be bad for dogs.

3. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    My puppy, 10 months old Boxer/Pit Bull mixed is a chewer too. So far, the house and personal things are safe, no accident there. However, he went through 4 kennel pads and pillows, plus numerous soft stuffed toys. I found some very tough dog toys at Burlington, and they are lasting so far.

Thanks for sharing yours, as I will be looking for those.