Cheaper Flights

Discussion in Travel started by to7update • Nov 14, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Flights for the same destination, in the same days, schedule and air company can have price oscillations between let's say $20 to $700, what is insane. Early booking is definitely a plus to get the best price, at the same time there are other "tricks" that allow us to save some money, like for example traveling with just hand baggage.

What other ideas to you have to save money on flights?

2. Lazar

LazarMember

Threads:
    I always fly with Ryan Air and Wizzair, they are low cost companies but they are ok. That's one way to save some money. And of course, eat before flight, food is too expensive in airplanes. Only if it's a long flight, but even then, a person can survive without food for about a week, so even that shouldn't be a problem. :D

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unless it is an emergency, we always buy plane tickets at least 3 months in advance. It is part of our travel plans since we travel every year to another country. Hunting for cheap tickets need perseverance in visiting the airline websites once in a while and when suddenly we find a discounted offer, we check the calendar and purchase the ticket if we desire. A few months ago we found a bargain in Cathay Pacific for Manila-Hongkong flight. We bought 2 tickets for the flight in May of 2017. The discount was 40%.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, buying tickets with low-cost companies is a big saver, as they manage to cut the costs to a minimum. I have never tried Wizzair, but I have used Ryan Air an to be honest it's far from being an impressive service, but they do get the job done and that's what we are paying for.

5. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Even though we still try and make sure that we buy our plane tickets early, recently that still doesn't mean that you are going to get a cheaper deal unfortunately, as I think what's been mentioned on another thread on here. It CAN save money, but don't automatically just assume that because you have booked early your are going to get the cheapest price. Another thing that we try and do is book flights on days and at irregular times when other people may not want to fly. A flight on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon can be quite expensive say compared to the exact same flight but on a Thursday morning or early hours of Sunday, so that's maybe another thing that you can look at...flying at the less popular times.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can always choose flights with stopovers as they usually can be slightly cheaper. Some people also buy return tickets that can be cheaper and then don't use the return portion. I have done that before, and although you aren't supposed to do this, there isn't much they can do as you can always say you missed your flight.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Booking for tickets one or two months to your actual flight date may just be one secret to entering in for a cheap flight. I always like to book my flight ahead of time so as to get it cheaper. I would spend quality time visiting several sites and airlines comparing prices before deciding. I don't really mind if there are stopovers. I think there are few occasions where prices may even come down lower as the flight date draws very close due to low passengers turn out, it's better to be on the safer side.

8. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    There are some apps that warms when there is a cheap ticket to travel. I recommend SkyScanner and Wego. They are excellent apps to get discounts. Google has released Google flights to show cheaps tickets too. but the skyscanner stands out with a compelling interface, additional tools (search for hosting and car rental) and history of recent searches, while Google Flights is a bit behind the simplicity of its layout and does not have as many interesting features as your competitor.

9. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    We generally go to our native during summer vacation every year. Holiday seasons see a surge in air fair, owing to which we always book our tickets at least six months in advance. Once happened that we had already booked our tickets as usual and just prior to the holiday season great deals were announced. It was really a bitter surprise we were made to sallow. Anyway, still we need to buy cheaper tickets in advance just in case.

10. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's the key, we need to keep an eye on the cheaper prices and book months ahead. Sure, the issue is that with months ahead we might not know if we can make it or not, but if we do have a flexible agenda that is the best way to save. That and carry just hand luggage.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case most of my journeys are pre-planned so I always take full advantage of to and fro (which is even cheaper) but when it comes to staying for more than a year in a particular place it is not possible. I am planning to work in a distant country from February onward on a 18 month contract so I shall have already bought a one way ticket. I think I have already saved almost 20-25% on this advance booking.

12. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I always have short notice periods for travellimg unless it's leisure of course.

So I rarely get to save however, I have noticed while comparing between flights, the wide difference in prices.

Still I do get fair prices at times.

13. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Comparing is always important even if we are traveling with short notice periods. I always ask for budgets to different travel agencies and also in the different airplane companies because this allows me not only to see the best price, but also to negotiate with them for a discount, that they usually do.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Undoubtedly, I always compare different fares on different online travel site and always found that various airlines offer different rates compared to others. In some cases the difference in rates is almost 50-60%. Budget airlines have made traveling really more pocket friendly.

15. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it's crazy the difference in prices if find between companies and many times even in the same company there is a huge difference in prices. So nothing like taking our time to browse around and to shop early because by doing so we are saving money.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I always try to look around as much as possible whenever planning a flight, because that is one area where you really can just stumble across big savings without even looking for them. Although I guess sometimes it goes the other way too.

17. Lazar

LazarMember

Threads:
    They are pretty much the same. I know, but you can't expect more, they are low cost companies anyway, and for any short flight they are good.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Most domestic airlines have just announced their plans for coming holiday special offers. In some cases they have offered up to 30-40 percent discount on group travel. But as a policy I prefer traveling with my wife I look for offers available to my kind of traveling but all the concessional travel for us are available in off season only. However, as I am scheduled for Australia just after the New Year and have already booked our tickets I am not interested in any of these offers for this year at least.

19. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, I am not using them because they have a premium service, but because they transport me from one location to the other at the cheapest price. So I need to suffer a little in the trip as it might even be uncomfortable, but at the same time I am saving money that I can spend when I arrive.

20. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    You're not insane for suspecting that a flight cost has changed in the wake of seeking it a couple times in your web program. In view of the treats in your program, flight costs do increment when a specific course is over and again sought, as the site needs to terrify you into booking the flight rapidly before costs get considerably higher. Continuously scan for flights in undercover or private perusing mode to see the most minimal costs.

While numerous hypotheses exist around booking particularly on a Tuesday to spare cash, the fact of the matter is there is no predictable truth to precisely which days are least expensive to fly. More often than not it is less expensive to leave on a weekday, however this isn't generally the case. Your best system is to get a speedy visual of costs for an entire month to see what days are least expensive for your particular course.

Spending aircrafts offer altogether less expensive tickets than their full-benefit partners. It ought to be self-evident, yet this accompanies bargains, for example, less extra space and no "free" nourishment/drink on-load up (which coincidentally, is regularly shrouded in your higher-evaluated ticket with full-benefit carriers).