Cheap Notebooks

Discussion in Office Supplies started by cocolgooh • Aug 17, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you buy cheap notebooks from? I'm looking for some to cover to match some different small storage units and pen holders I've got on my desk and I was thinking it'd be nice to cover some notebooks the same way so that it all matches, but when I've been looking for notebooks lately they all seem to be really expensive. Even in the back to school sales I've noticed they're still around $3 which seems ridiculous for one notebook.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the UK there are several places to get good cheap notebooks; The Works, Home and Bargains, and also Poundland. I also got some on special at Lidl which were excellent value, but I am very picky about my notebooks as I use them to start my books, and also as a journal so they have to have an elastic binder to hold the pages together. I got most of mine for under £3 because quality paper counts for me.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I would have said all the back to school sales, but those days may have passed. Now that I think about it, though, these places often have little sections for the ones that did not sell, and those are usually at discounted prices, so you might want to look into that. Other than that I am betting that you can find some packs online for pretty cheap. Best of luck, and thanks for sharing.

4. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I like to go to the dollar tree to get my notebooks that I use everyday, I like the small hard cover ones that can fit in my purse and I don't have to worry about them getting bent up. I always have a notebook on me to jot down list or things to do. I recently also got a planner from there that I am LOVING. I always find they have nice notebooks to choose from though for only a dollar.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are many back to school sales going on and this is the best time for buying stationary supplies like notebooks, pens, staplers etc...even backpacks too! Walmart seems to be the cheapest and so is Walgreens on Oahu for good prices on back to school stuff! They are online and usually mainland prices are cheaper too, you lucky people!

6. HappyKoi

HappyKoiNew Member

Threads:
    This is a good time to get them because the stores have finished their Back to School sales and want the stock gone to make room for the Christmas stuff. I would say just about any office supply store, or, like some people have said, the dollar store. Even the really big ones are going for good prices. I got one for less than a dollar and a three ring binder for $1.50

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    You may want to take a look at the Amazon Prime deals. Usually during the back to school deals, they offer far better discounts than regular users. Also the shipping prices and the delivery time is lot better compared to regular shopping. I think apart from this you may also want to take a look at some shopify stores where people sell the handmade notebooks, lot cheaper. But not sure about their delivery and times.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I noticed that notebooks and school supplies are even cheaper in department stores than they are in school and office supplies stores. I recently bought cheap notebooks for personal use and I was impressed at the paper quality which is at par with more popular and expensive brands. They only cost me less than half a dollar, by the way, and they're of the thick variety. I can find cheaper notebooks around local shops but the paper would most certainly be dark and rough.

9. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Check your local dollar store, ours even has packs of five you can buy for about two or three dollars. Mostly for now that kids are going back to school soon. You'd be surprised at what you'll find. It's true what they're saying, school supplies stores can be expensive for something that shouldn't cost much.