Cats vs Dogs

Discussion in Pets started by xcmiller93x • May 2, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Which do you like better: cats or dogs?

It's too hard for me too chose. I've had both cats and dogs and loved them both.

2. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I love cats. I adopted a cat from the local shelter, and then a stray showed up at my door. I took him in too, and he is one of the most loving cats you could ask for. To me happiness is a warm cat on my lap while I am reading or watching a movie.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a dog lover. I love all types of dogs, but I'm partial to German Shepards. I would love to have a small dog, but my current roommate is afraid of them. I'm just not a cat person. Not at all.

4. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I like dogs. They are very loyal and playful. I really like them when they are pups... so cute ^_^...
    Cats creep me out... I've had a few strays look at me funny and hiss at me... One chased me and tried to maul me :/.

5. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Not really a fan boy for either side of the argument.

I think dogs are slightly better due to them being more playful. Cats are terrific pets, but tend to remain more independent. Obviously, there are different breeds with different traits, but the general consensus is based around that.

I wouldn't mind a cat around in the house, but as a pet companion I would rather have a dog.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would choose dogs over cats primarily because we have more dogs in the house and zero cats! I never had a chance to take care even a single cat my entire life and that makes me a little bit hesitant to own one. I have 2 dogs right now which I own. A labrador and shih-tzu and I am very happy to have them both. They are like my best friends in the house. :)

7. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Bunnies!

Just kidding. But yes, rabbits/bunnies are my favorite pets. But if I had to choose between cats and dogs, I prefer dogs better. They learn tricks easier, and I have a particular attachment to dogs. I find some cats to be hard to handle. Dogs, on the other hand, if you're good with animals, they'll probably like you, too. I've actually managed to get some strays to like me :D.

8. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    Definitely dogs than cats. The furry-pawed dogs are man's best friend and unlike cats, they are more likely to respond to humans.

Cats have this sort of elegance to the way they move, I must say

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I have kept dogs and I have kept cats. However if I have to choose between them I will always choose a dog. A dog lives to please its master whereas a cat lives to please itself. There's a lot of difference there.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I would say that as a family pet it would be a dog but as a pet for a person living alone a cat. I have had both and I love both but they definitely require different activities and I think its rather relative to the situation as well.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I pretty much love both, cats and dogs. In fact, I am an animal lover and there is not one species that I am not a fan of...at least, not that I have as yet come across. Cats and dogs are so different, yet both so very charming...and beautiful. I love them both 200%!

12. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    I have a cat I really love, but between cats and dogs, I would have to choose a dog. The problem with cats is that some of them care only about themselves. If your cat jumps on you and you put it on the ground, it will jump back on you and force you to pet it. Dogs are more willing to please their owners and will do what they can just to be by the owners side. However, they will not usually force you to do anything.

13. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    I prefer cats. They are more independent.
    Dogs need constant attention and you have always take them to a walk, even if it rains or you're ill.
    Cats live longer and they eat less which means more money to spend on yourself. :)

14. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I like both dogs and cats, but if I had to choose one, it would be dogs. Right now I have three dogs and no cats. My cat passed away and I have been a bit iffy about getting another. The cat I had was my first cat and he was so good. My son found him, he had been a stray and born outside, so we had seen him around. One snowy night my son and his girlfriend brought him home, just for the weekend since it was so cold out. He adopted us and we ended up keeping him.

15. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    This one is easy for me;)
    Someone else's dog, but if it's mine, only a cat.
    I love dogs, sure, but I don't like that they need things to be done regulary. I don't like walking everyday, at the more or less same time.
    Cats are more independent but at least there's nothing on regular basis with them. So it's perfect for me, I'm quite messy and absentmined and I hate routine.

16. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I love all animals ♥, so I can't speak for which I like better. However, I've owned both cats and dogs, and will say that cats tend to be less stressful as a pet. Dogs are typically more needy, more expensive, and a lot more work. Cats are quieter, calmer, and neater. I just put down my cat of 14 years, and I never had an ounce of stress over him throughout his life. My two dogs, on the other hand, can easily drive me to insanity, LOL. But I love them all.

17. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    You said it right. The cat adopted you. That's the one good thing about cats which is also a bad thing. They are so independent. If they take a liking to you, they will adopt you. However there is no guarantee that they won't decide, out of the blue, to adopt someone else and be gone from your life forever.

18. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    Cats! We have 3. They're much easier to take care of and affordable, but that shouldn't be the main reasons to have one. They're companionable, sometimes needy, but so sweet when they want to be. They're fun to watch and they make me feel closer to nature when they're on the hunt. The only downside is if they have an accident, it is usually harder to take care of the odor than with a dog. And if they pick up bad habits, they're terribly hard to break.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Well it really depends on your lifestyle and the breed, but overall it breaks that to cats being good for folks who don't want too dependent a pet and a dog for folks who want a lot of involvement choose dogs. For me I love dogs, but I only have the patience for a cat because like teenagers they tend to take care of themselves.

20. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like dogs better because they can be trained to do lots of things and are loving, protective , and more fun to play with , and I think cats are nice and independent but they can be stuck up little brats and dont listen and scratch everything.