Cat Trees

Discussion in Pets started by Rhoda D'ettore • Nov 1, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    So last year I was watching "My Cat From Hell" on Animal Planet, and the cat expert said to get cat trees to make a happy cat. For Christmas, I went to PetSmart, bought a $150 six foot tall cat tree, shoved it into my Mustang GT with two feet sticking out, and dragged it into my apartment.

I was so excited to find the perfect place in the corner of the room, and called the cat to see it. He walked around it, looked up and walked away. Four months later, he still avoided it, and I was about to sell it. Then one night I was sleeping and the cat woke me up by landing on me. He looked at me with excitement and I swear he almost said, "Wow, that was cool". Then raced up the tree, jumped on the top of my 8 ft hutch and made a flying leap onto my bed for a second time. Now he loves it and is on it everyday.

What are your experiences with cat trees?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So I think that was a cat's belated discovery on the uses and benefits of a cat tree, lol. Better late than never, right? But $150 is too steep for me to spend on cat trees. I can already buy a Siamese or Persian kitten with that money already, so I probably won't buy one.