Canadian ISPs?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by tn13 • May 25, 2012.

1. tn13

tn13New Member

Threads:
    Any Canadians have any advice on the best Internet service provider? I'm with Bell Canada from the old days of Sympatico. Because we were with them for so long (it has to be at least ten years now), they grandfathered our unlimited plan, which as we all know, Bell doesn't do anymore. Well, they've finally switched us over to a limited plan, and I'm wondering if there are any better value companies out there. Seems like Bell, Rogers, Cogeco and the other big guys all charge around the same for the same services... Any advice?

2. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I can add a response here. I have been with Rogers for high speed internet for several years now. I recently moved from what was called 'ultra-lite' which is the starting point, or it was, by one grade to lite. I can't say I have any complaints.
    I did have a dial-up provider, and it was awful. But that was a good number of years back. Rogers offers several speeds and several different rates, to go with them.
    My experience has been good, although I do have to watch my useage because you can get hit with extra use charges but I haven't been hit since i moved up the one level. I did come really close two or three months ago. Anyhow they do offer a free useage monitor so you can get a handle on it.
    As I said, I have never had Bell for internet. But generally I think from comments that I have heard, in my area Rogers would get the nod.
    I hope this is a help.
    Ryder13

3. kad613

kad613New Member

Threads:
    We were with Rogers and Bell for a while until our plan went sky high with usage. I have two teens who monopolize the internet so I went on a search to find the best package for us that wouldn't cost a small fortune every month. We settled on a satellite internet company Xplornet who amazingly only charge us $99 a month for 30 gb high speed. It was too good to pass up, especially when it was starting to cost us over $500 a month on Rogers. I haven't had many problems with them compared to the dropped connections with Rogers (both cell and internet). They are definitely a company I would recommend.

4. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    We were with Bell for number of years, and all of a sudden there prices went sky high, so we shopped around and found this company name East link, so far they're not bad, but I think after a while, these companies get you to settle in and then they start hiking there prices up.