Can You Recommend A Cheap 2-in-1 Laptop?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by luckycharm • Dec 31, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking for a new 2-in-1 laptop (also known as hybrid laptop) and my budget is not more than $90. What I look for is 4GB Ram memory and also with enough storing space. As I have an 1 TB portable hard disk I often store my data on it. So I am OK even if there is not enough space for storing data.

I want to use it for some gaming (medium level), extensive use of Internet through WiFi and off course to see movies. I am also particular about the brand and its track record in the market.

Can you suggest a good 2-in-1 laptop that meets above criteria? Thanks in advance.

2. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    $90 is not a lot for a 2-in-1. At that price you might have to buy second-hand as most of the new ones are well over $100. The cheapest I can see around is about $150 and that is refurbished, not new. You might find a cheap deal on Amazon or ebay, or by searching the January sales, but I suspect you'll be looking in some of the secondhand electronics and reseller shops.

You say you are choosy about brands. Are there any in particularly you had in mind?

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I was really really close to getting a Microsoft Surface not too long ago, and the only thing that really stopped me was timing and just happening to receive a Chromebook for a gift. I would say that if you want something that can do everything for a good price, it is worth a look.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    You can find a lot of low entry 2-in-1 laptops however they don't fall into your budget price. I also would like to buy one and I saw one in Asus and Acer. Their average prices for these deals are ranging from $250-$300 which already have good specs. We also have local brands here which ranges from $120-$200 and can be compared to branded 2-in-1 laptops but definitely aren't that competitive.

5. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    Am worried that you have mentioned you want to use the 2 in 1 laptop for gaming. Gaming eat up resources and the 4GB may not be enough. I suggest you just get a laptop with high specs for gaming and then later buy a portabLe Surface or HP Tab for portability and light tasks.