Can You Convince Yourself For Shopping After Seeing Other?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by naruto100 • Sep 14, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I am talking about online shopping.

I still see many people don't feel comfortable in shopping online. So they just used to stay away. Even they see many people are taking advantage and getting same thing in really good deal from online, still they don't get convince. I wonder why?

Personally I don't mind taking chance for new thing. Surely I won't take big risk, but at least I can start with small risk. But here I have seen some people who just don't want to go for new thing even they see others are doing fine with it. I am not blaming them as its kind of mindset they having.

What you think about it?

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    To each their own, in my opinion. However, shopping online could help you find good deals on certain items as well as help you save time. I guess people are afraid of buying online due to potential hacking or being scammed. As long as you buy from reliable websites and have a bit of common sense and safety there is no reason to fear shopping online.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. Even I myself used to fear from scamming, but once I see others doing fine with it, I tried and got good results. So I am doing it regularly now. I agree with you that going with reliable and famous site is quite safe and profitable too. One can surely get many good deals compare to offline market in some case. They should try it.

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I think it must be because people are comfortable with doing shopping offline. Also, lack of experience is what makes people not to show interest even if the deal is good. Some things might seem too good to be true to other people's eyes.

We can advice them if they come to us inquiring for online shopping but we can't expect them to have the same view or feelings like us.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    True that we can't change their thinking and it is possible that they never think like us. But honestly it depends on person's nature. I mean personally I will surely try something new if I see other people are doing good for it.

So yes they may be afraid because of lack of experience, but at least they should try once by seeing others. I am not only saying about good deals, but lots of people are already having good experience from it, so seeing them to they can think about it.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I think of online shopping as the same as shopping from a catalog the way my mom used to shop quite often. I stick to legit sites such as Amazon and eBay. I will also just shop from the retailers that I would normally shop at in store such as Target and Walmart or some other retailer. I don't think I would be willing to shop at an online site that I am not familiar with and don't know about the quality of the products. There are a lot of scam sites and just want your hard earned money so you have to be careful.

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I feel that it is one's own opinion and the mindset they have. I am always convinced to buy things from online because of the offers and convenience and saving time. Even though I am convinced buying online there are certain items that I don't buy online which includes electronics, clothes, large home appliances and groceries. But there are people who buy almost everything from online even groceries. So, as long as it is a reputed site I don't mind buying things from online.

8. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Exactly, as I stated you should always make sure the website you are doing business with is safe to use. Shopping online and offline both have their pros and cons, you could easily get scammed on both. However, you are bound to have an easier time finding more deals online than you are offline.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    They probably don't want to bother with the shipping costs and the hassle of mailing back the item if it's defective, so they just buy offline. I'm inclined also to buy more offline, since you can touch and test and fit the item first before buying it.

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I think some people might be afraid of the online security. I remember recommending my elder brother to try online stock broking, as the commission we have to pay is much cheaper, and it's more convenient too, but he does not feel safe about the security. Moreover, he is also afraid that he might enter the wrong code accidentally. I think not having confidence with the system and himself, and not feeling comfortable to make the change might stop them from trying something new.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Stock broking, I guess even I will not prefer anything like online in this section. I mean it can be really risky. Online shopping is less risky in this case. I mean we can go for famous and reliable site and there will be no problem. Even if site is new then we can get scam only one time. But in stock broking, I don't think I will trust them too.

12. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely, I believe most people still are not convinced about online shopping for several reasons like buying low quality products when they appear of high and standard grade online, problem of delivery and sometimes cost incentive. The reasons might differ with individuals and it's not encouraging to the online stores.

Personally, I used to dislike online shopping after my friend had one issue with a wrist watch transaction. It took a while before I was convinced to take up online shopping after seeing other good deals they offered people.

So, I probably think that other people good dealings in online shopping would practically go a long way in swaying others to participate in it.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes one bad experience can change many things.

So far I am glad that I haven't faced any bad experience from my any online transactions. In fact I have saved lots of money by grabbing good deals on special duration. About bad experience I guess that can appear on offline shopping too. So I don't think people should afraid for next try. I am not saying it is best compare to offline shopping, but yes sometimes they offers really good deals compare to offline market for same product.