California's Water Shortage

Discussion in Water started by Jason76 • Oct 31, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    California and some other desert or slightly less dry regions often have a problem with water. Do you think the laws out there should be tough on water usage or is that a restriction on people's freedom? Do you think water can possibly be economically pumped out of the nearest ocean?

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think water should simply be pumped out of the nearest ocean. This I believe is the best approach to tackling water shortages in California. Inhabitants should be free to use water to their maximum, no law should be enacted to regulate water use.

3. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    With different countries, comes different laws and regulations. I can how in a third world country people wouldn't give it a second look if you were seen taking a 5 gallon bucket of water from the ocean. In the States, that might not be the case. So many regulations would prohibit that, as I can see so many environmental groups getting involved then it becomes a political mess.

But I do believe that like the air we breath, water should be on the same level. However, government wants to control that aspect and make money off of you, as it is a convenience to have running water and sewage. Most people can't stomach the fact that they will have to one day use a outhouse to do their business in, as indoor plumbing makes their world a better place to live.