Buying Yourself A Birthday Gift

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by sunnyside • Jun 26, 2016.

1. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bought a birthday gift for myself. This year I did think of buying one. But never got around to it. Someday I will definitely buy a gift for myself. We do need to treat ourselves sometime.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me I always buy myself something special for my birthday, lol. I myself a treat too, I get a pie and I come home and celebrate with my family my birthday. I love my birthday, for I'm so glad I was born! When I was young my Grandparents gave me big birthday parties and we celebrated my birthday like I was a princess. Spoiled, definitely and loved it!

3. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    There have been many times I have bought myself a birthday present. I would do the same at Christmas too. Most of the year goes by without me spending any money on myself so I think that Birthdays and Christmas is a good time to use as an excuse. It makes you feel good to get yourself a little gift.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy something for myself but don't wait till my birthday. After my college days are over I don't feel like celebrating my birthday at all as my best friend would be in her native home and I feel so lonely I sometimes forget my birthday and it will go as another day. I never had surprises but I too love to have one. To me, my friend is my greatest gift that I have ever received in my life.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I do this every single year since many years, and it's usually never something material. ;)

I love to gift me with trips and I think these will always be the best gifts in the whole world. I mean, I can't imagine better gifts than the possibility of building good memories. It's really something magical.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Even when it's not my birthday, I tend to buy something nice for myself, and that happens quite often, especially when I can afford it. I think that you should not wait for your birthday to treat yourself, since we should love ourselves above all, so we should make ourselves happy at all costs, even if there's no occasion.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The understanding of many is that someone else is suppose to buy a gift for them during their birthday. Nowadays that maybe old school. I should be okay to celebrate myself during my birthday or any other occasion and at same time have others celebrate with me. One thing I buy myself stuffs like clothes, suits, shoes and many more at any time which could be during a celebration or not.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me if this is a diversion of the topic. My problem is not the birthday gift for myself but the birthday gift for my wife. For the past 2 years, I have not given her a surprise gift because I just bring her to the mall and let her select the gift she wants. In the past, I had bought some gifts that she didn't appreciate so instead of surprising her with a gift that she may not like, I try to be practical and let her choose her gift from me.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes. I do buy myself a gift, I deserve it! I mean I work hard for everything that comes my way and I deserve some encouragement and appreciation. I don't expect gifts or appreciation from other people so I have to give it to myself. It's the one day in a year that I can forgive myself for being selfish or greedy. I really don't want to be a burden to other people who may feel pressured to give me a gift on my birthday at a time when their pockets are hurting because of the inflation in my country. Hence, I make my birthday as low key and as private as possible. Those personal gifts aren't always expensive but always meaningful to me and my child.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do buy something nice that I would really enjoy for myself. It's no good sitting around and moping because I might not have gotten a gift from someone else. The onus is me to take care of myself first of all. If others may extend the courtesy I would be grateful for added reward and if not, the beat goes on because I would still be taken care of.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Nope never buy any gift for myself. Though I guess I should buy something for me as I haven't purchased anything for me since long. Lol.. Though I never used to celebrate my birthday I get only one or two gift from my partner or parents. That's it. Though I don't used to spend money for my self. I am that kind of person from starting.