Buy Wifi To Save Money On Internet

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 13, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    of late I am considering buying WiFi to reduce my expenses on internet.
    with WiFi, we can use it on both our phones and laptops without extra cost.
    my wife and I both use internet on our phones and laptops thus we can consolidate our internet expenses.
    makes financial sense, don't you think?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    It is obviously true that you save a lot of cash by using wifi which caters for many devices and downloading through wifi is ofcourse way more cheaper.

However, if you are using internet through cellphone and are away from home/wifi you may still need data.

I use mobile data for almost 8 hours daily when away from my wifi. I don't download anything through mobile data though. I use wifi for that.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I guess if you're always on the same place with your wife, you can consolidate your internet expenses by using a common WIFI service, However, if one of you goes out of town or somewhere else, the other has to either forego internet or use another way to connect to the internet.

Back in the days when there were no caps on bandwidth or usage and before I availed of the landline/internet bundle at home, I used to share my prepaid internet subscription with my nephew by setting my cellphone as the hotspot device. Hence, he was able to save on internet fees whenever I'm home or when he's with me.

My DSL internet subscription has a router that can accommodate up to 5 users at the same time and since I hardly use internet outside of the home, I've never considered getting a WIFI hotspot device.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would think that this is not really the best option for everyone but certainly worth a look just given how expensive they are. Anyway you can save a little bit here and there is big and this is a big expense to review.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes if we have more usage of internet or we have more users who are using internet then better to switch for wifi internet at home. This will reduce the data cost on our mobile network and also everyone can use it with the same rate. It will surely save lots of money for everyone. Personally even I am using wifi internet at my home as we are too many users for internet.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    It's the ideal way to save money since you will be able to connect to your WIFI through multiple devices and at the same cost, the only reason you should consider is that the internet speed will become slower depending on how many devices are connected.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    When you are buying internet service try to find other people in your building who want's internet service but haven't subscribed yet for the the cost involved. If you can share your internet with such people, you can also share installation cost as well as monthly bills. You can also look for cheap packages, for instance night time surfing costs less than day time or all time service. You can use cheap packages.

8. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I spend a lot of time online working and playing games and it's very important to me to be able to get the cheapest possible package but speed is of utmost importance to me. Does getting cheap wifi mean that you have to sacrifice on speed or not? Please can someone explain to me how it works?

9. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    This depends on your phone provider if they extra charge you for the Internet on your phone than buying a WiFi would help you to save some money. I do own a WiFi but this does not help me because my phone provider offered me an unlimited conversation in every line, unlimited Internet, and unlimited messages in any line for only 4 dollars a month. It is no use for me to use the WiFi, my subscriber is cheap enough.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's really cheap rate for a month. It is surely great offer for individual.

At my home there are more internet users which uses internet quiet actively. They do many downloads too. So spending individual internet with all of them can be costly. For this wifi is the best thing so that we don't have to pay for each and every individual. We can go for high speed internet and share it via wifi to all.