Budget Accommodation

Discussion in Travel started by tasha • Feb 15, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    to go on a budget holiday where you do not want to spend a fortune on sleeping you can find host homes that give you a room and toilet at very low prices near the centre of where you would like to be. They have kitchens sometimes and that can also save you on food.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used host homes, but I've pitched a tent in what was essentially someone's back yard to save on accommodation costs before. I suppose this is a similar idea, only it was outside and had no cooking facilities. I'd definitely do that again.

I think host homes could be a good idea to try to save money because you'd be sharing any costs with others already in the home. I think knowing you'd have access to a toilet would be good too, although personally I probably wouldn't want to share a kitchen with anyone else because of my allergies. It's great for anyone that needs a kitchen though!

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with @cocolgooh@cocolgooh. The presence of a toilet is very important for me so I guess that as long as the place I'm going to stay in has a toilet, I can just manage to eat outside in budget friendly restaurants. It helps a lot to be able to save on accommodation because you would be able to use the saved money on other things such as enjoying the local food and budget for fares and souvenirs. :)

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Host homes are a good idea when you travel alone as a single supplement is costly. I have done this before and it can be hit or miss, but generally it's just a few days. I do feel there is a difference between traveling and being on holiday, because to be on holiday means to relax, and you shouldn't scrimp and save otherwise you may as well have a staycation.

5. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i also agreed theo! I While i am on holidy it completely means to be relaxed and do nothing while some times i do travel for business work and book some room from where nobody could disturb me. Last time during my tour i used to travel through a tour agency hotel accommodation was included in it and i was happy because pricing was really reasonable.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Only once or twice did I stay at someone's home and even then it wasn't a total stranger. While yes such an arrangement would most certainly save someone money I always try to find limited services hotels since they always are much cheaper.

I like the idea of pitching a tent in someone's backyard instead of renting a room in their house. I'd like to try that some day.

7. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    Denis hard! Not a bad idea but what do you think that someone will allow you to use the to use his backyard. If yes then i think that nothing can be much more fun filled. I will surely really like to try something like this out for you guys for sure.