Brushing With Salt

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by remnant • Jul 12, 2017.

1. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    Salt is even much more effective than any ordinary toothpaste. However, you can even try double salt (the potash alum) instead, it is the best antiseptic and can vanish even bad odors of one's mouth.

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Salt will be a torture so go for baking soda instead. Baking soda is proven to whiten teeth. If you have tooth decay though, No salt nor baking soda can help you. Go to a dentist instead.

3. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I have never heard that anyone used salt for cleaning teeth, and it does sound painful. I am also having problems with my teeth from time to time but never tried to change anything about it. If I make myself, I am going to try the salt. I'm just concerned about the pain part.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I also love to experiments with household items like sea salt, baking soda and tawas or alum (potassium aluminum sulfate) as an alternative for tooth paste because of their effectiveness and value for money. But I made sure to read online for safe usage and other guidelines to avoid health hazards. All in all, I can say that sea salt and baking soda are safe and effective in oral health. While I used alum for the treatment of mouth sores.

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I can remember using salt with warm water in the evenings to rinse out my mouth. After dinner, juts before going to bed, it gives my mouth a warm clean and fresh feeling. However, you have to be careful if you have an open sore in your gums or any part of your mouth. Salt stings deeply if it gets on a wound.

Someone mentioned baking powder. I would think this is too strong for the mouth. The make-up for baking powder are a bit hectic.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    @tallulah@tallulah I have learned this too from my late mother that saline solution has so many uses to cure toothache, bad breath, among others. I don't know what's in salt that has the effective solution for mouth malady.

#26Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well just today I was told that if I start getting pain or swelling to rinse with salt water, so it stands to reason. On the surface it sounds foolish just because I think salt and then bad fr teeth, but if it stops the pain, then by all means.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    @larryl332@larryl332 That's is true. For your information, the chemical elements of a toothpaste is sodium chloride with triclosan. And the chemical name of tablevsal salt us sodium chloride. That's when use toothpaste for your toothache, the ache subsides.

#28Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Our ancestors kept their teeth in good condition by brushing their teeth with salt. These days a well known company has been advertising their toothpaste adding that it contains salt. Salt has several benefits including taking care of sore throat.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I had no idea salt can be used for teeth and arthritis. I will try it out sometime to see how it would work for me, although for toothache, I would rather see a dentist.

11. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have also brushed my teeth with salt. When you brush with salt, there are many benefits. One primary benefits is you save a lot of money on toothpaste, second benefits is you kill the germs inside your mouth without using expensive products. When you are using salt to brush your teeth, you should mix salt with oil (mustard or oilve oil).

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of anyone using salt to brush their teeth, I didn't even think that was a thing. Though, when I had canker sores I used salt on them with water, it did help me out. Though, from what it sounds like using salt does sound like an effective and money easy way to help out your teeth and save you a trip to the dentist.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I heard of sea salt for brushing your teeth and it has mineral residues in it which include magnesium,calcium,phosphorus and others-it breaks down plaque and kills bacteria that causes bad breath as well. But for whitening your teeth you need salt and lemon or salt and baking soda-also brush just once a week with sea salt and use in moderation.

14. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it is a nice and cheap method of keeping your teeth healthy. Health practitioners recommend that. Apart from that, soap can also be used as a substitute.

15. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant But surely this is only temporary relief as brushing with salt cannot cure decay. The pain will come pack eventually if the tooth already has signs of decay.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have used salt to wash my teeth on a very few occasions of mild pains and it has proved effective. It appears salt has some anti-bacteria and germs properties that kills these organisms locking around teeth resulting in pains. It's an easily affordable and cheap means of taking care of some teeth problems.

17. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have officially been brushing with salt since 2016 January. I have a good experience with it. Salt is a natural antiseptic and it has saved me worrying about not rinsing the toothpaste completely from my mouth.

Salt kills bacteria and prevents them from making a home in your mouth.

18. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    So all of you guys want to say that salt is really save to brush your teeth? I will try it too cause not heard of it before reading your posts.

is here now.