Brightness Of Tv And Computer Monitor

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Alexandoy • Aug 12, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know that the brightness of tv affects the consumption of electricity? The brighter the setting of the tv, the higher the consumption. The same goes with the computer monitor. So if the medium brightness is just fine with you then let it be and don’t pull the setting to high. For maximum efficiency, adjust the coloring and the contrast in the setting instead of increasing the brightness.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    yes, that's is understandable. It's probably similar to a bulb, the brighter the bulb the higher the required power output and I believe that it's probably the same with the Tv and Computer Monitor. I am not sure, however, of significant the required higher power output in this instance would be to the overall consumption cost.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    This makes a lot of sense. I don't like my laptop at full brightness anyway. It seems to put more of a strain on my eyes with it so bright. So keeping the brightness lower on the computer will save you on battery life and help to ease the strain on your eyes. This will also save your phones battery life as well if you don't have the brightness turned up all the way.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Adjusting the brightness to optimum level will save power as well as it won't strain your eyes. My brother always sees the laptop screen with full brightness besides me telling him. The same goes for tv too.

5. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I usually use my LCD LED display with minimum brightness for two reasons. Firstly, I do not disturb my eyes during my work. Secondly, It is a good manner to economize electrical energy.