Bottled Water Scam

Discussion in Water started by Jason76 • Dec 18, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:

Bottled water might not be a bargain. One might save a lot of money just drinking filtered tap water. Well, for one thing, a lot of the pollutants in regular water are also in bottled water. In addition, as a side note that doesn't really pertain to saving money, bottled water is incredibly environmentally unfriendly.

However, it is good to note that some areas have bad tap water. In those cases, I figure filtered bottled water would be a good option unless the water company can prove it's water has pollutants filtered out.

What about chlorine in bottled water? Too much chlorine is a poison. That's another thing that needs to be looked out for.

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think people who use to travel a lot has a tendency of buying bottled water just for the sake of convenience. Moreover, it also tastes good because of various water treatments it undergoes. As you rightly mentioned most of these treatments are not good for our health. So we should not use bottled water on a regular basis. I always carry a bottle of water from home while on travel. It is not only economic but also the safest option I think.

It is also important to take care of the quality of bottle we carry water. We have to ensure that it is made of food grade plastic.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to buy drinking water which was delivered to our doorstep for 50 cents per 5-gallon container. But the water is not guaranteed to be clean sovwe bought a water purifier for less than 5 dollars. Now we have saved from the cost of delivered water and we are also assured of clean purified drinking water.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Any water that you buy should be guaranteed to be clean. What a lousy business that would sell dirty water. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, bottled water, at least in the US, is an environmental nightmare. The only way to get around the mess is to recycle to plastic bottles. However, in other nations, I think the water company fills up a reusable bottle, hence the whole process isn't bad for the environment. By the way, what might be some reasons certain nations are dependent on bottled water when obviously at one time they used tap water? Are there any attempts by industry and government to clean up the tap water?

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    In our country there is is nationwide protest against MNCs doing bottled water business. They exploit our natural resources and drain water from earth in huge quantities. There is no wonder why our country is witnessing unprecedented drought like conditions these days. Even some politicians and officials from Government authorities protect these selfish MNCs as they get a share of profit generated through this business.

I think now the only way to protect our land is to educate people about its after effects and inspire them boycott bottled water. It is better to have a good water purifier at home than paying for these crook minded companies.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I do purchase bottled water because it's the most convinient way to have on the go water. For instance if I'm out and about my only option is to go to a mini mart and purchase a bottled water. I try to purchase them the least possible though by purchasing my own container and filling it up with water before I leave my house.

7. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    This scam is really popular. I'm disgusted by the people that actually do this. Last year I saw a video where they found a location where they were filling branded bottles with tap water and sealing them for sale. Even though they were being recorded, the workers continued their duties claiming that they get paid for this.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    There is a possibility that small vendor would trick buyers by selling water in a bottle and it is not well guaranteed that it is filtered or treated with water purifier tablet or whatever. But since it is the health of the people involved, I don't think they will do that. In our country, bottled water comes from a water purifier machine or filtered water machine. It could find anywhere in the city and even in the countryside.

9. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    That's why you need to check the brand while you are buying bottled water. Never buy bottled water from the brand that you have never heard. Don't buy bottled water just because you found it cheap. It is likely that the bottle contains contaminated water.