Boots for Dogs

Discussion in Pets started by emily0531 • Jan 8, 2015.

1. emily0531

emily0531Member

Threads:
    Has anybody had luck using boots for their dogs? If so, what brand do you like?

We have had such cold temperatures this year, and my dogs' feet freeze up before they have had time to "do their business" outside. Boots would be a huge help, if they actually work!

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Boots for dogs? I have never heard of it before. It seems cruel to me to force things onto dog's feet that feel unnatural to them. I can understand if a dog needs a little coat or jumper, but s/he should be able to move freely at all times. I have lived in cold climates with lots of snow, and I can't recall that any of the dogs around me ever needed boots. The feet of dogs are very tough, and I would say that they much prefer to go "barefoot" than have some strange "attachments" on their feet. :)

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My cousin swears by them for her dog. I have thought about trying them for my dog, but haven't actually done so. My dog is old and doesn't stay outside for too long when it's cold (he's acclimated to the warmer weather we generally have in Texas!). I have considered using them for the days when it's more muddy and wet outside as he doesn't like to have his paws wiped off when he comes back in, but again, I just haven't done so mostly because I didn't want to spend the money if he wasn't going to wear them.

They seem like they wouldn't be too uncomfortable for the dogs, they are very lightweight and flexible. I think the biggest struggle would be actually putting them on.