Big Markdowns For After Christmas Sales, Already Starting

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by thisnthat • Dec 26, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I just read that Walmart has already marked many items down by 50%. This is typical for select items during post holiday sales (food, decorations, etc.). They also tend to mark stuff down even more over the coming weeks, if there is anything left, so keep your eyes open.

Dollar General is another one that slashes prices after holidays. They usually start smaller, like 25% off, but they eventually go as high as 75-90% off if they still have items on hand. This is a great time of year for bargain shoppers.

I love to pick up ornaments, dish towels, wrapping paper, and more, once the discounts kick in.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do have Walmarts all over Oahu in Hawaii, but no Dollar General. I'm looking for a few things that I'll need for Christmas 2018, and would like to get them at a good price soon. Thanks for the post! I went to my account with Walmart so I could buy online for pickup later, but no after Christmas sale online yet.:( The weather is misbehaving for the sale day too, it's raining and the news alert says we got a flood alert too! :confused: Just got to wait for now to go to after Christmas Sales.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    We don't have a Walmarts in the UK but I believe that our ASDA store is the sister company. Most of the stores over here started their sales on Boxing Day but to be honest I won't buy something just because it is cheap unless it's something I was looking for anyway.

We also have a Pound Shop over here which is like a Dollar Store but I'm not sure whether they do a sale as everything is so cheap in that shop anyway. I shall have to take a look.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That's true, almost every store does that because they want to dispose their old stocks already to make way for the new stocks. If only it's not crowded during those times I would have loved to join in the fray.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Unless I plan on what will be my next group for that Christmas party that I organise I will not be able to take advantage of these marked down offers. Amazon will surely have them. I will have to put on my thinking cap decide what I cam going to do next year and then go about doing my search.