Beware Of Irs Scam

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by pafjlh • Mar 13, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know exactly where to put this but I thought putting under scams was appropriate because this is a scam, a huge one. Turns out that individuals have been calling people after obtaining their tax information pretending to be the IRS here in the United States. These individuals are told that they owe thousands of dollars to the IRS in back taxes. They are then told that either they pay up now or legal action will be taken on them.

Now hearing this I would know right away something isn't right, because I know how the IRS operates in such matters. They would first contact a person by letter telling them there is an issue and that they will need to pay back an amount or that they are going to be audited. Never have I known the IRS to call someone and then tell them to pay up now. That's another red flag because the IRS gives individuals an amount of time to come up with the payment. Anytime someone pressures a person to do something at that moment such as turning over money its a sure sign they are running a scam.

I know this but unforturnately there are those who don't. According to the news report I heard last night the individuals running this scam have collected over five million dollars from unsuspecting people. This is unbelievable, but it goes to show the term IRS wanting money from you is enough to scare most people in submission which is something this scam banked on. So, remember what I said above if someone calls saying they are from the IRS and you owe them money hang up on them.

2. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of these scammers before. They're allegedly Indian people who are actually conducting the scam quite neatly, seeing how many people believe in them. I don't know many details, but trust me, if you ever hear an Indian accent, and I don't mean to be rude against any race here... just hang up. Odds are they are just trying to scam you. Or you could ask more in-depth information about the debt you supposedly owe them. Anyway, just be careful and don't fall for everything.