Best City in the World

Discussion in Travel started by difrancprod • Mar 29, 2012.

1. Marco

MarcoNew Member

Threads:
    I think Okinawa is a really cool city. I never went there, but heard a lot of things about their beaches and ocean cusisine.
    I am seriously considering going there some day soon.

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Very difficult to answer this one. I mean there are almost 200 countries in the world. And within those 200 countries are many cities, hundreds in some. So, we are looking at many thousands of cities. The more I visit new cities (on different continents) the more I realize that it is impossible to name one.

However, I maintain that Paris is over-rated.

3. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say my favorite place in the world is Puerto De Santa Maria, Spain. Some of the best times of my life were spent there. I definitely miss it!

4. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I know everyone puts it down, but I love Los Angeles. I lived there for several years, and I'm actually considering moving back.

Right now I live in Atlanta, and it's nice, but it's changing a lot. I also love Charleston, SC. It's got the best of everything: Southern charm, the beach, big city quaint little towns, both chain shops and restaurants and independently owned ones, and there is such a variety of people: families, old, young, single, gay, straight, all races, etc.

5. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I was once in Las Vegas and in my opinion, it is the best city in the world. It is geographical area that fascinates me more than the desert. Vegas offers many services, hotels, and dance clubs with many beautiful shops of fashion. I hope to return soon, and I advise you to go there.

6. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Chicago. It's no question for me. I love Chicago. I've visited probably about 5-6 times in my life, and I love it. It's a beautiful city. Every time I go there, I feel like I belong there. I feel like it's my home.

7. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't visited too many cities in my life, but from the ones I have visited, it would have to be Cape Town. Having a cup coffee with the Table Mountain as a backdrop or with it facing me, is simply breathtaking. In the city, people are friendlier and they are laidback. Never in a rush - lol. That's nice compared to back home in Kuala Lumpur, where everybody wants to get things done fast or go somewhere quick!

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I think NYC is the best city in the world, but of course, I might be a little biased about that, haha! I've never been to Paris, though, and I'd absolutely love to go sometime.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have seen St.Louis. I was excited to go but it actually turned out being a little depressing. Most areas seem to have many abandoned buildings. For the most part I would say New York is awesome, D.C. is actually pretty cool. I love San Juan in Puerto Rico!!

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know anything about Canada but I really want to go there and possibly stay because I've heard so many good things about it. I want to see what it looks like and how quiet and peaceful it is. I want to enjoy the scenery and everything. The way you describe Canada it makes me want to come today and enjoy all of Canada and see what it has to offer.

11. Kaila

KailaNew Member

Threads:
    Bangkok!! Bangkok is the Manhattan of Southeast Asia. It's wonderfully cosmopolitan, has amazing shopping (at insanely cheap prices), delicious food - both cheap street food and posh, expensive food, and everything in between! I have to admit, it's not super easy to be a tourist in Bangkok, and when I was, I hated it! But to live there is a completely different story. My girlfriend and I lived there for 2.5 years and we felt like Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City. It was the best place I've ever lived.

12. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Well hello fellow New Yorker! Greetings. I agree with you. I love living in NYC. You could honestly live here your whole life and never see everything. I've been here for 6 years and doubt I'll move and if so it will be within an hour of the City. I've traveled and lived in Colorado, California, Jersey and Oklahoma (as a baby) and visited London and still I would miss NY. There is no place like the home.

13. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    It is London for me... to live in. And to holiday, it is Paris. Love the permanent hint of romance in the air in that city.

14. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    It is all about what you love. My favorite cities are Paris, Munich, Geneva and Seville, but for many reasons these cities wouldn't fit some people's lifestyle and taste requirements. If you want a good weather, take a look at southern Europe (south France, Spain, Italy…) although the mentality is different than northern Europe.

15. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I'm from a city which is in a tropical island. I've have to say I'm gonna be staying here for the rest of my life as I have already started paying mortgage for my own house. I like it here becuase of the accessability of places such as beaches, hospital and school. And this island is historical in Philippines. Island's name is Cebu. :D

16. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    New York is great. I lived in New York for over 10 years and the city is amazing. I love the fact that I could have a taste of little Italy and China all in the one area. Its a great city to live in because of the diversity of people. I live only a hour away from New York now and try to visit as much as I possibly can.

17. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I really enjoyed my visit to Rio De Janeiro. Although it probably would have been better if I was with a friend or some family. The city is beautiful and the people are friendly. However, the contrast between rich and poor is quite heart breaking. Other wise, London is always interesting, just very expensive to get around..

18. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    New York is #1 Orlando is #2, but I admit that there are many more cities I need to visit. Both in the U.S. and abroad.

19. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    Cities I want to visit:

San Fransico,
    Sydney,
    LA

These are the tops ones. One day I will get there :)

20. hsandez

hsandezNew Member

Threads:
    For me this is a really easier answer. My favorite city in the World is Paris. I have been there twice and can't wait to go back. I love everything about this city. The architecture is amazing. Just walking down any city block transports you back to the days of the Count of Monte Cristo. I found the French people to be really nice and welcoming. I really don't speak French but was able to get by fine with hand signals and some similar words. The top of the Eiffel tower has an amazing view and the food was really good and of a wide variety.