Best And Cheapest Brand Of Mouthwash And Toothpaste

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by NinetyEighty1 • Oct 28, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    In you honest opinion, which brand of toothpaste and mouthwash help get the job done with your teeth? Not only just with making them more white but also have a long lasting effect with getting rid of plaque. Which ones really rise above the rest to get the job done but are not overly priced?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Colgate. Despite other new brands of toothpaste coming up, Colgate will remain to be the best, effective and cheapest toothpaste.

Sensodyne is another brand of toothpaste commonly recommended by dentists but is expensive. At my place, you get it for free after visiting a dentist and getting examined.

I don't know about mouthwash. The one I was given by my dentist discolored my teeth and made them brown. I still recommend you get Colgate toothpaste.

3. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    Thank you for the advice. I have been recently using crest, I don't know how long it has been since I have used Colgate. Sensodyne does appear to be an interesting product but seems a bit too much for a toothpaste, I may stick with Colgate and Crest for the time being. Thank you for the advice.

4. mildredtabitha

Threads:

You are most welcomed. Just to add, I haven't used toothpaste for two years now. I started brushing my teeth with salt since last year January. Salt is a natural antiseptic and neutralizes the mouth's PH to prevent bacteria from growing. So I don't stress on buying toothpaste anymore.

I haven't experienced any bad breath since I started using salt and my mouth feels cleaner. Once you start, you will get used to it. I don't advice you to use salt but you can if you want something more natural. :D

5. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    Thanks for the advice, I'm amazed that salt could give such a good outcome. Exactly how many spoon fulls of it is advised when brushing your teeth and is it safe to use with toothpaste? Is it also as efficient as using floss too? I have no problem with at least experimenting with it.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, the older you get the more you've got to protect your teeth. Starting young is the best to keep your teeth for all your life. I like to brush with ProNamal and use Walmart's Equate brand anti cavity mouth wash. Pepsodent is cheap .89-.99 a tube, and has fluoride and strengthens enamel , but you get what you pay for. ProNamel on the other hand is very expensive does a lot too, so I buy about 4 tubes on sale at a time at 4.89 on sale for 4.4 oz. I pay 2.92 for a 32 oz. of Equated anti cavity mouthwash which is very strong and very good. I brush after everything I eat, by the way and floss every time I brush. Don Quiote, is the cheapest prices for ProNamel at 4.89...CVS has ProNamel at 5.99 on sale. ProNamel is recommended by dentists to keep your teeth protected throughout time. My dental hygienist says my teeth are strong for my age.

7. mildredtabitha

Threads:
    I have never combined with toothpaste. Just some small particles of salt on your toothbrush is enough. I have never flossed* my teeth and so I can't compare.

You can also mix some salt with 1/4 of warm water and brush your teeth with the salty water. Just half a spoon of salt is okay for that mixture. I used to use this warm salty water to rinse my mouth twice a day when I was recovering from tooth extraction because I couldn't brush my teeth and I never got any infection or bad breathe.

But I now just sprinkle some salt on my toothbrush and brush my teeth and rinse with cold water. :D

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Baking Soda. It is cheaper than toothpaste and it is actually more safe to use than the cheap commercial brands. If I will use toothpaste, I will rather use Senzodyne even if it's expensive because it protects teeth and gums and dentists actually uses it.

You can also register for free samples of toothpaste online. Now that is how you will save money.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go for cheap when it comes to the mouthwash and other food products. Instead I go for the products which are reliable and safe to use. You can see that those products can be safe in terms of the health. And I choose health first and the rest of the other stuff later. That's the thing to consider there as well. You can also make use of the homeopathic products in such case. They can be relatively safe on that count.

10. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    Around here we have this store called "Dollar Tree" and everything in the store is $1. And what they do is buy other stores bulk and you can find a tube of Colgate for $1 and they also have name brand mouthwash. Along with a lot of other name brand products. The only problem being is once the stock runs out its gone until they get some more and sometimes they don't get the same product back.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I almost always go with the low or off brand mouthwash because those are all the same. Toothpaste I am a little more picky with but still I try to avoid anything too fancy, and it is getting pretty expensive with some of these options out there.

12. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I am so sure that this will be really having such a good and most appealing time. I am gonna have such a good and most fabulous time ahead a lot.

must be stunning.

13. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say here i am going to mention the best mouthwash is also have reasonable prices. And i believe there is nothing more precious then your health.
    • ACT Total Care Mouthwash.