Be Careful of Scams on Cheap Flights

Discussion in Travel started by difrancprod • Dec 6, 2012.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Last October, we purchased tickets going to Turkey and we got it for a very cheap deal. The e-ticket was mailed to us but then turned out to be fake that when we got into the airport, the airline apparently doesn't carry our ticket numbers! Just to warn you guys out there, if the site is too good to be true, then it must not be true! We're still bummed about it anyway.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Thanks for the advice! I've always been reluctant to check and use sites that sell tickets are very low prices.

3. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    OMG, that is terrible! I'm so sorry you had to experience such a rotten scam. I never purchase airline tickets online, but I probably will in the future. Thanks for the heads-up.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well that sucks! Did you get your money back? Even worse, I know you were looking forward to going to Turkey. What a big disappointment! I have a friend who went to Turkey and she loved it.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    That sounds terrible, I can't even imagine how disappointed you guys must have been when they told you at the airport. Thanks for sharing this with us though, it's certainly something worth noting. Hope you guys didn't lose too much or will at least be able to get it back.

6. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it is best to stick with sites that everyone knows, like Priceline, Orbitz, Hot Wire, etc. I tend to stay away from the unknown especially when buying online. Traveling can be such a nightmare anyway.

7. jsmith2013

jsmith2013New Member

Threads:
    This is really sad. I am so sorry about this. Remember to only get tickets from trusted companies.

8. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you'll want to make sure you are purchasing your tickets from a reputable third-party like Priceline or Travelocity or Orbitz.

I hope you filed a dispute with your credit card company.

9. JLetterman

JLettermanNew Member

Threads:
    Oh WOW, thanks for this information. I did not know that was even going on out there. I do look for cheap discount flights, and I am glad I ran across your post.

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my money and my trip there has been completely cancelled! Remember people, if it's too good to be true- IT AIN'T TRUE!

11. jsmith2013

jsmith2013New Member

Threads:
    Yes! Definitely. It must be logically possible to attain.

12. trebla

treblaNew Member

Threads:
    I had the same experience with an online airline ticketing company once. The worst thing is that the amount had already been charged in my Visa card, and i can't do a thing about it. Be careful, fellow travelers!

13. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    The given information in your post is really very good. Good information and very good job done by you guys.